Reload this Page >

Turkey in December?

Search

Turkey in December?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 07:36 PM
Tom

Turkey in December?

I am considering a trip to Turkey in December. It is the only time of year I can go, and I will be going alone (I am a single male). Does anyone have any thoughts on if this is a "bad" time of year? I am not bothered by colder weather, and am hoping the crowds will be low. Any suggestions on where to visit or what to see? Any ideas would be welcome. Thanks!

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 11:56 PM
debby

Hi Tom,<BR><BR>it depends on where you are going to ?<BR>Can you give more info please

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 01:48 AM
xxx

If you go inland it can be -10°C and snow, if you stay in the southern coast it could be +20°C. In Istanbul anything between minus degrees and some snow or +15°C and sunny. Usually it is rainy in December. And certainly no crowds, except the Turks themselves, of course.

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 09:27 AM
murat

Why not, couple of days istanbul, than Cappadocia and finally to the south coast to warm up and even have a sunny christmas <BR><BR>need more info on spesifics pls. write to me.<BR><BR>good luck

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 09:46 AM
Foodie

No, we have turkey in Nov., roast beef in Dec.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 05:42 PM
phillip

HiTom,<BR><BR>I went to Istanbul during the latter part of December and the first part of January last year (Dec. 26-Jan. 7). Like you, it was the only time I could travel. I am also a male who was traveling on my own. I had a great time and I am thinking of going back during the same period this year. One magnificient fact was that there were virtually no tourists about during this time. For example, I went to the Blue Mosque one morning at 9:30am and I was the only person in the place! Walked from there to the Hagia Sophia and there were about 1/2 a dozen people in the place. In the summer, you would stand in a long line and it would take you 1/2 a day to fight the crowd to see either place. There was a bit of snow but I found it enhanced my trip. I dressed warmly and went on with my touring. Be sure to bring winter wear. <BR>Good luck. phillip

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 12:11 AM
Bhakti

Tom, you'll get rain along the day and every day in Istanbul. Happened to me last year 18 - 26 Dec.