Turkey Help Please! Charming Budget Accomodations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be in Turkey for 3 weeks in May/June and we would like to hear from people that have stayed in budget accomodations up to $60 USD (but prefer not to go over $50) in the following cities in Turkey:

Antalya
Olimpos
Kas
Selcuk

We already have the Apricot Hotel reserved for Istanbul and the Kelebek Hotel in Cappadocia. Has anyone stayed in these two places?

Has anyone stayed at the Sabah Pension or La Paloma in Antalya?

How about Artemis Guest House in Selcuk?

We like small charming places with comfortable beds. A pool is not a necessity. We don't mind a bit of a walk to get to the center of things.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old Apr 16th, 2005, 11:41 AM

Nilya in Selcuk is a nice place. About 50 or 60 B&B well located and very charming & helpful well educated owners.

Just opposite to Artemission.

Search on the net I have their card somewhere I could not find at the moment. If you could not locate I will do another search for the card. There are certainly charming pensions but charming hotel for 50 a night is not easy. This summer hotels will have a good business so better you decide quick to reserve.

Have a nice trip,
Murat
Old Apr 16th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Murat.

We don't want to stay in a hotel. Pensions are much more interesting and personal.

I will do a search for Nilya.

Thanks again!
Old Apr 19th, 2005, 05:14 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Apr 19th, 2005, 07:06 AM

I stayed at the Jimmys Artemis Guest House in Selcuk (is this the one you are looking at ?) in May 1999. I really liked it. At the time we had a double for 10 USD. It was very comfortable and clean, a real value for the price I thought. Jimmy and his girlfriend Bron were verey kind and helpful, Bron even took me all over town to try and help me get my camera fixed when it broke.

In Olimpos I stayed at the Orange Tree Pension in the tree houses, I loved it there. It was a 10 or so minute walk to the beach, and at 5 USD a person per night including breakfast and dinner, I thought it was a steal. I highly recommend it (hopefully it hasnt changed!).
Old Apr 19th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Kelly! Does the Orange Tree Pension cater to the backbacker crowd? I am 40 and my boyfriend is 43 so we would rather not crash in the midst of a frat party atmosphere. We are considering Turkmen's Tree House bungalow accomodations. I have posted a link to their site. Is the Orange Tree Pension similar?

http://www.olymposturkmentreehouses....tree_house.htm
Old Apr 19th, 2005, 07:28 AM

When I was there it was not at all a party place, it was very quiet and calm, not at all like Kadirs which I saw(and heard) down the road. All types of people, singles, couples, and families. It is backpacker level as I think all the places are in Olimpos, although Orange tree did have a couple private cottages that had private bathrooms. I was glad we stayed in the treehouses though, it was really a unique and fun experience.

I jsut took a look at that site and it looks similiar, maybe even a bit nicer than Orange Tree. At the orange tree the treehouses were very basic, jsut a mattress or 2 on the ground, but it was comfortable. I have some photos from the trip on my website if you would like to compare :

http://www.advweb.com/kelly/greecetu...os/index.shtml

Hope that helps!

Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 11:10 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for sharing the photo link, Kelly!