Turkey Blue Cruise Blues

Search

Turkey Blue Cruise Blues

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turkey Blue Cruise Blues

We booked a blue cruise with Compass Yachting from Fethiye to Marmaris to wind up our fabulous land tour with Argeus travel. The Compass Yachting staff failed to notify us that they did not plan to take us to Marmaris, but instead we were to cruise around the Twelve Islands area. Once we were aboard the gulet and had a chance to talk to the other passengers, it became apparent that they had all purchased the less expensive cruise (Twelve Island). When we contacted the Compass Yachting office to request a refund for the difference between the trip we got and the trip we paid for, we were turned away with a "No", and given the excuse that it was too troublesome to wire a refund to another country. In the US, we call that "Bait and Switch", and it isn't legal. Lesson learned - it's hard to find reviews for gulet blue cruise companies on the internet travel sites, so be careful, and look hard for a company with a good reputation.
Old Oct 14th, 2010, 02:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
dear bucketlist, i empathize deeply with you.

please also post this warning on the Trip advisor Fethiye forums.
Old Oct 14th, 2010, 02:29 PM

I would have settled for cash in the hand.
Old Oct 14th, 2010, 07:32 PM

These problems are common with the blue cruises. On our boat was a German couple who went on blue cruises every summer. They'd seen every scam, heard every excuse, and weren't having any of it. They threw a major fit when they tried to kick us off the boat a day early. Because of them, I think we got our money's worth.

At the end of the trip, we had to pay for drinks and tip the staff. I would think such treatment would really dig into those costs.
Old Oct 17th, 2010, 01:07 PM

A- if you have not booked with your travel agent better to send a complaint to the company once again.
B- If you did paid with. c. card you could cut the difference as charge back.

Maybe the manager of the company does not even know about the trouble you got; try to address it to the manager might help!
Sorry to hear you were disaapointed but also one should know cabin cruise's are always have a isde to be a Russian Rulet type of thing. You never know who will be your mates travelling with. However there are companies carrying pretty accurate operations.