Tulip Inn Rainbow Cecil Oslo

Oct 5th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Original Poster

Tulip Inn Rainbow Cecil Oslo

I am trying to make hotel reservations at The Tulip Inn Rainbow Cecil in Oslo. I keep getting "no availability" for April 27 for 2 nights. Am I trying to book too early or could they already be full? I liked the price and central location. If it is really full, any other recommendations in this price range? (around $100-$125)?
Oct 5th, 2005, 08:30 PM

The booking system may only be loaded for the next six months. Use the direct e=mail contact on the website and ask them yourself.
Oct 6th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Original Poster

I finally found "Hotel Club" that checks with the hotel and then gives you an offer. I could not find the hotel website. Does anyone have the website or do you know if Hotel Club is a good one to go through?
Oct 6th, 2005, 07:22 AM

I don't think Cecil has its own website. Did you book this on the Rainbow Hotels website?

You can also try Utell. I think that the hotel is listed there.

However, I'd try both to see which one gives a lower rate (you can't be sure). Also the cancelation policies can be different. Utell reservations are usually cancelable.

Also check whether the rate includes breakfast.

All these details matter.
Oct 6th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Original Poster

The Rainbow Hotel website only shows Hotel Bristol as available. Utell shows The Rainbow Hotel Cecil as unavailable for April 27 for 2 days.
Oct 6th, 2005, 10:34 AM

Travel 52:

I highly recommend the old Gabelshus ...charming ivy covered building in the heart of the Embassy district..ten minute walk to the harbor (also trolley cars on the corner), incredible breakfast buffet....rooms have balconies...if I recall, it's under $125.

http://www.gabelshus.no/eng/mereinfo.htm

Stu
Oct 6th, 2005, 11:09 AM

Did you try other dates in April or later to see if that unavailability is due to your booking too far ahead?

Granted, it's unlikely given that Bristol is available.

Might Cecil be undergoing a renovation of some sort? I'd call the hotel directly if you're keen on booking it. I can't imagine that a hotel in Oslo would be booked up this far in advance -- so I'm thinking it's either too far ahead, or something is happening with the hotel.

Search this Thread