Trying to plan an itinerary

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 11:24 AM
Katie

Trying to plan an itinerary

Hello!<BR>I am planning a honeymoon trip to Italy at the end of August and into September. I know this is not the best time to travel in Italy, but the wedding has to be July or August, and this is the furthest back I can push the honeymoon. We are planning on spending half the trip in cities-- Rome, Florence, Venice perhaps, and the other half on the Amalfi Coast. However we are not dead set on this area if the crowds will be awful. Would you still recommend this area in the beginning of September? Also, we do not want a &quot;flashy&quot; place-- just a beautiful area by the sea to explore. Any recommendations for quieter places on the Amalfi coast, or elsewhere in Italy on the coast, would be much appreciated!

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 11:29 AM
Naline

Look at Praiano on the Amalfi coast, it is small and you can get an apartment for less than an hotel.

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 11:33 AM
maria

Try Ravello if you want quiet. It's above the Amalfi coastline. Very beautiful views of the coast. It's very quiet. There is a hotel that is very quiet there called Hotel Parsifal. It was great views. It was once a convent. Only has about 11 rooms. We were there the end of June -beginning of July and it was very quiet in Ravello. Then we had a driver that would take us down to Amalfi, Positano, etc. He even drove us to Rome.

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 11:36 AM
maria

I forgot to add. As far as going in August, we never know what the weather will be like. We were also in Italy last year - the last two weeks of August - which is usually really hot, and it was perfect. We went to Taormina in Sicily, and everyone warned us not to go in August because of the heat and the crowds. Well, the weather was in the high 70's, low 80's!<BR>It really wasn't all that crowded either.<BR>So you never know! It

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 09:34 AM
Katie

Thanks so much for your helpful responses!