Reload this Page >

Trying to figger it all out

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 04:21 AM
Oh Boy

How long does it take to get from Scotland to England? <BR><BR>And will 9 days be enough, or will we run out of money before we get there?<BR><BR>Also, if I buy groceries in England and don't bring my own shopping bag, how will I get the groceries out of the store?

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 04:37 AM
PatrickW

If you do it the traditional Scottish way, you would hitch a bag of oatmeal over your shoulder, which would feed you and (once emptied) would take care of those straneg Sassenach groceries. As for the time - well it all depends how fast you can move with a bag of oatmeal over your shoulder: probably not much faster than a s-troll.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 04:53 AM
Oh Boy

Oh, Oh! I saw the Queen in one of them purty carriages with all the horses 'tached. How much do them things cost to rent? And do you have to dress up when you ride in them or can you jes wur jeens? Where is the carriage station, anyways?

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 04:58 AM
Sheila

They're right next door to each other, so it should only take a second, not 9 days.<BR><BR>They're a bit mean in England, but even THEY should give you a carrier bag!!

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 05:12 AM
Mother

I don't know myself, but if you skip down two steps from the FourNTwentyBlackbirds, you'll find LilMiss Muffett sitting there. She knows where it is. I seem to remember that it is on Drury Lane, not too far from The Muffin Man.<BR><BR>No! Do not wear jeans! This is very upmarket and you must look smart.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 01:02 PM

TP