trying to decide itinerary for honeymoon

Jan 30th, 2003, 11:11 AM
Original Poster

trying to decide itinerary for honeymoon

we will be in italy for our honeymoon in june 2003. planning on being there for 12 days but need help deciding which cities to go to and for how many days each. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. it is our first time to italy.
Jan 31st, 2003, 05:12 AM

With only 12 days and being on a honeymoon, I'd limit my places. The big three remain Rome, Florence, and Venice. You could split the days up among these 3 according to your interests, though Rome has so many high quality sights and things to do that it generally deserves more days than do the other 2.

The Amalfi Coast would also be a great honeymoon spot--beautiful, relaxed and plenty to see and do should you decide to leave your hotel room for some reason. Close to Naples/Pompeii/Capri, etc.

Really depends on how much you want to get out and see the great sights that Italy is famous for.
Jan 31st, 2003, 06:35 AM

With only 12 days I would pick 3 destinations only--and I would keep it either north or south--depending on your gateway. If south[Rome], then do the Amalfi coast, Florence/Tuscany, and Rome. If north[Milan or Venice], then do the lakes, Florence, Venice. You will return !
Feb 1st, 2003, 12:00 AM

I'm putting in a suggestion for two places particularly if those two are Florence and Venice. Relax, absorb it all and see more than what lies at the surface. I'd start with Florence and finish with Venice. Take the train between the two. I think Venice is one of the most romantic places I have ever been(in additionto Paris!)
Feb 1st, 2003, 03:10 AM

Interestingly, if you were going outside of summer (mid May to early Sept) I would suggest Rome-Florence-Venice.

However, for a honeymoon there's nothing like the Amalfi (Amalfi, Positano, Sorrento, Capri) area.

I would drop Venice.

Max 2 days Florence, 4-5 days Rome and the remainder Amalfi area.

Then again, tinker with this.

Rome 3 days.
Florence 2 1/2 days plus 1/2 travel.
Venice 1 1/2 days plus 1/2 trave.
Overnight train to Naples/Sorrento.
Amalfi Coast area 3 days.
Rome 1/2 day plus travel.

This may be too much but it's up to you.