Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Trying to decide between "Hotel Residence Monge" and "Hotel Michelet Odeon", anyone stayed at these?

Search

Trying to decide between "Hotel Residence Monge" and "Hotel Michelet Odeon", anyone stayed at these?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 11:47 AM
David

We're going to Paris (for the first time)at the end of September and all our first choices of hotels are booked. I realize we waited too long but we didn't know we'd be traveling for sure until last week and now it appears that choices are limited. Anyway, if you've stayed at either of these hotels and can offer advice we would appreciate it.

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 12:13 PM
Surlok

David, <BR> <BR>I haven't stayed at either hotels, but you can check what people who had say at: <BR> <BR>http://www.paris.org/paris-cgi/PDB/hotel.cgi?htl2051 <BR> <BR>The Michelet Odeon location can't be beat. It's great, very central, with a metro stop and plenty to do within walking distance. <BR> <BR>Surlok

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 12:31 PM
Tammy

I stayed at the Hotel Residence Monge May 2000 and I would stay there again. The room was recently renovated, with an updated bathroom with hairdryer, a mini frig, and the windows had flower boxes. The hotel is situated between both the Monge and Cardinal Lemoine metro stops. It is a short walk to Notre Dame and the heart of the Latin Quarter.

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 01:01 PM
Fred

Here's what some people who stayed at them had to say. Personally speaking, locationwise I would pick the Michelet <BR> <BR>Hotel Residence Monge (3 star left bank)- <BR>TINY shower. <BR>front desk friendly and helpful. <BR>enjoyed it - would return <BR> <BR>Michelet Odeon (2 star left bank)- <BR>Clean, comfortable, friendly <BR>in a lovely area <BR>For more Paris information e-mail me – [email protected]

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 01:56 PM
Michael

Stayed at the MIchelet long time ago. Good place, Great location.