Restaurants in Florence

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 05:34 PM
andrea

Restaurants in Florence

Looking for good restaurants in Florence for dinner one night. Not too expensive!

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 06:52 PM
xxx

S-E-A-R-C-H. Type "Florence Restaurants" into the Text "Search" box at the top of the page. Scroll down to Italy in the "and or subject search" box. Press find. Wait awhile and a zillion responses will magically appear.

Buon appetito

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 05:11 AM
Judy

I'm looking for Florence restaurants too. The search function is not performing very well and only coming up with very old posts. Does anybody out there have some recent Florence restaurant suggestions (at all price levels) or the ability to pull up some more recent posts?

Has anybody eated at Cibreo and can share some comments? (We're trying to decide whether that should be one of our splurges.) Enoteca Pinchiorri is out of our price range.

Thanks for your help.

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 05:22 AM
Jody

Have eaten in both Cibreo's the restaurant in front and the cafe behind. Excellent traditional Tuscan food . The other place we really liked was da Noi, I couldn't say which was best as we enjoyed both. They were both superior to Enoteca Pinchiorri, IMO.

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 06:21 AM
elaine

andrea,it would be helpful if you could be more specific about what not too expensive means to you, what price did you have in mind for a good restaurant?

Judy, my companions and I were disappointed in Cibreo a couple of years ago. Not sorry we ate there, but see no need to repeat it. The food is odd, and yes we are normally adventurous eaters.
My sister, who has eaten there twice, pointed out that most of the dishes, appetizers and main courses, don't require teeth or chewing--many
"pre-chewed" items like pates, soft cheeses,ground meats used as stuffings etc.
The night I was there the main courses and appetizers included stuffed chicken neck (with a whole cooked chicken head for garnish), stuffed pig's
trotter, ricotta flan, lamb brains
(really) and 2 or 3 more conventional fish and veal dishes. The stuffed chicken neck wasn't bad actually, and certainly the chicken head on the plate was a conversation piece.
The ambiance was pleasant but unremarkable; the service very good, as expected.
Cibreo has a less-expensive trattoria next door which is very popular but I believe it does not take reservations.
Don't know if the menu is similar or not.

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 02:20 PM
Judy

Thanks for the Cibreo reviews. (Elaine, I really enjoyed your description!)