Trip Suggestions

Search

Trip Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trip Suggestions

I am currently in the planning stages of a 78 day trip in Europe with my Boyfriend. We already have tickets Arriving in Stockholm, Sweden April 27th and leaving Dublin, Ireland July 15th 2016.
The route:
Sweden - We will be here 9 days staying with a friend for free.
Amsterdam, Netherlands - For a weekend.
Munich, Germany- For a week.
Italy- 2 weeks. We are meeting a professor I had gone to Europe with previously for the first for days of our trip in Rome. Definite:Rome, Day trip to Pompei. Possible: Florence, Sorrento, Capri (suggested by the same professor we're am meeting.)
Paris, France - For a weekend.
UK - Staying for 3 weeks to a Month. Would love to see Wales, Britain, and Scotland. I have been to Scotland before but stayed mostly in St. Andrews the entire time.
Dublin, Ireland + others. - 3 weeks.
What I'm looking for are suggestions places to see, places to stay any trip recommendations in general. We will be using Airbnb to find a majority of the places to stay during the trip.
Old Dec 27th, 2015, 05:48 PM

Re your Italy two weeks, if you wish to see Sorrento and Capri, then Pompeii is also very close - you could group all sites and stay in Sorrento or Naples. Both are convenient locations for these sights. No need to day trip to Pompeii from Rome.

You could do your Paris weekend from London using the Eurostar but book ahead as you can get very cheap fares.

(What do you mean by 'love to see Wales, Britain and Scotland?' - I assume you mean England as Britain/UK = same place).
Old Dec 27th, 2015, 05:57 PM
Original Poster

Edit: I meant I would "love" to see all 3 places within the UK: Wales, England, Scotland.
Old Dec 27th, 2015, 07:04 PM

I would give Paris longer than just a weekend, if possible.
Old Dec 28th, 2015, 12:59 AM

(What do you mean by 'love to see Wales, Britain and Scotland?' - I assume you mean England as Britain/UK = same place).

Well, not actually true. The UK includes Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland isn't in Great Britain but Wales, Scotland and England are.
Old Dec 28th, 2015, 02:54 AM

To save confusion as you have long periods in locations it might be better to ask about the countries Individually.
I have no problem answering questions on the Ireland section or the UK section but I personally tend to ignore multi nation questions as the answers get longer and longer and being dyslexic its no fun trying to decipher stuff to find relevant parts.