Trip report with many photos

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26th, 2014, 05:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our August vacation report is now online with over 200 photos at http://www.mightymac.org/ireland2014/ We book ended attending the World Science Fiction Convention in London with 6 days in Ireland, spending three nights in Dublin, two in Galway and one in Malahide. Locations visited included Newgrange, the Hill of Tara, Cliffs of Moher, The Burren, Inishmore, and Kylemore Abbey. The beauty and history of Ireland took our breath away.

We spent three days with Railtours Ireland. The first and third days were very good, but the way they handled our day at Inishmore was not nearly as well done.

The first page for each day includes links to all pages and a brief description so you can jump to a location which interests you.
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 05:26 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Wow!
I can tell I am going to spend a long time viewing your extensive report. So far I've only been through a couple of days. The format is excellent and the photos beautiful. Thanks so much for posting.
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 07:51 AM

What a great TR, thanks for sharing! Pictures are absolutely stunning and you captured the beauty of Ireland. I enjoyed your Spiddal pic as that is where my dad was born and we visited there several years ago, it was very moving for our family to see his birthplace. We did lots and lots of shopping at Standuns (even tho u didn't). We had everything shipped back home so we didn't have to try and get all our purchases on the plane. Loved your Trinity College, Dublin also. We visited there a couple of years ago and the line was so long to enter that we skipped it.

What tour company did you book with? Our cousin took us out to Aran Islands (Inishmore) for the day and we had a wonderful day there!

Your report brought back many wonderful memories. Thanks for sharing.
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 10:32 AM

Thank you for this beautiful pictures and a great report.
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 01:38 PM

What a wonderful report; it brought back great memories of our trip to the land of 40 Shades of Green. We missed so much, DH and I would love to go back.

Re: Irish fisherman sweaters. We stopped into a small shop in Dingle. A lovely lady there hand knits sweaters. She was bemoaning the fact that younger Irish women have no interest in knitting, and it is becoming a dying art. I chose a pattern, wool, buttons and a lovely sweater was delivered to me about 6 weeks later. By the way, I live in south Florida, and only wear it a couple of times a year, but it is still a treasured possession.
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 02:52 PM

We did the tour to Inishmore with www.fahertytours.com and it was very organized. Don't think I would have liked the plane ride there. Love those cliffs more than the cliffs of Moher. The fort was impressive. Galway tours does a great job. I was interested in you rail tour so glad you wrote about it. Drooling over your seafood pictures.
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 03:38 PM

Thank You for posting.
I toured Ireland for 3 weeks and could follow you to many places.
Great pictures for sure.
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 06:38 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I noticed Bunratty Castle in your pictures. I haven't been to Ireland. Is there some kind of hall in the castle? I have some friends that were invited to play there and didn't know what kind of venue that would be (they are playing there this weekend).
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 08:57 PM

Great Report. Thanks for the pictures.
Old Sep 27th, 2014, 04:56 AM
Original Poster

Bunratty Castle has been doing Medieval Banquets for 50 years. They have two seatings a night, year around.
Old Sep 27th, 2014, 04:59 AM
Original Poster

Luv2travel15, we booked the overall trip ourselves. The three day with Railtours Ireland was booked through Viator.
Old Sep 29th, 2014, 01:49 PM

Thanks, Keith! Great to know. You can never get tired of Ireland, always so much to see and do.