Im planning a trip around Spain, starting in February for my gap year. I want to get a flgiht from the UK to Seville, then visit Granada and Cordoba before going back to Seville. Then I want to get a domestic flight to Barcelona and then the train to Madrid. I want to stay in each city for a few days-basically this part of the trip should take 3 weeks up to a month.
At this point, depending on how much money I have, I may get a train to Salamanca and then Leon in order to do the Camino de Santiago where I will fly home, or I will just fly back from Madrid if I am out of money.
I have some questions though if anyone could help me:
1. Firstly, does this seem like a good plan? I want to see a lot of Spain but also have time to take in each place.
2. What would be the best way in terms of transport? I have looked at the renfe train pass, but it is quite expensive and I think it is probably cheaper to buy individual tickets. Does seville to Barcelona count as 1 journey on the renfe pass? Or is a flight better? Any thoughts would be appreciated hahah!
3. In terms of accomodation, I am thinking of doing a mixture of staying in hostels and couchsurfing. Has anyone done either of these? Is it very important to book far in advance or can you just turn up to a hostel and get a bed?
Thank you and I apologise for the length of this post and the number of questions! But I would love any help or thoughts about my trip!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL ☎Email Password Reset Contact ☎1:800:681:7208 AOL Tec*h care By Yes☎!
- 2 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 3 First time in Spain
- 4 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 5 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 6 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 7 Where to leave luggage while touring Amsterdam for 10 hours
- 8 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 9 Luggage lockers in Amsterdam
- 10 Barcelona to Malaga
- 11 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 12 Paris November 2017
- 13 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 14 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 15 Camino de Santiago - tour companies?
- 16 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 17 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 18 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 19 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 20 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 21 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 22 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 23 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 24 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 25 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)