Triberg or Schonach?

Old Jun 20th, 2021, 05:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Triberg or Schonach?

Hi, we're looking at going to see the world's largest cuckoo clock in 2022. Yes, it's kind of touristy - not on my list, but I'm glad to spend an extra day in Germany.

We'll be coming from Offenburg by train. Is it Schonach or Triberg we want? Are there buses up to the site? The person who wants to see them has accessibility problems so I'm trying to minimize the walking that will need to be done.

I'm just confused about which train station and which "place" we should choose. I'm able to carve just one extra day for this - we'll head to Strasbourg that evening - so I want to be efficient with our time. I'd love to see the waterfall, too, but I'm not sure that's possible. I'm a "slow travel" person.

Thanks for your help.
Old Jun 21st, 2021, 12:25 AM

Bus 7150 running from Triberg railway station via Hornberg railway station to Hausach railway station stops at Eble Uhrenpark (weltgroesste Kuckucksuhr, actually closed).
The waterfalls are close to the city of Triberg, but their visit needs some walking (although on excellent trails).
Train/bus connections from Offenburg to Eble Uhrenpark: Offenburg dp 8.00, 10.00, 11.00, change at Hausach from train to bus; 1-1 1/2 hr journey.
Eble Uhrenpark - Triberg Marktplatz: 1-2 buses any hr (5 min journey) or taxi.
Triberg - Offenburg (change) - Strasbourg: trains about every hr until 21.23; 2 hrs journey
Old Jun 22nd, 2021, 03:36 AM
Original Poster

Neckervd, thank you so much!
Old Jun 23rd, 2021, 05:09 PM

At Triberg, don‘t dawdle at the train station. Get right on the bus ( wife needed to use the toilet and we missed the us and had to walk to town). The waterfalls are right there in town. We just walked to the lowest cascade. Nearby is a nice museum.