Meeting spot at Madrid Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Delta flight is to arrive at 7:25 AM on a Friday. My daughter's Iberia flight from Granada is to arrive at 8 AM. She will be arriving at Terminal 4 and I will be arriving at a different terminal. Neither of us will have baggage to pick up; however, I will have to go through customs. I won't have a phone. Where would you suggest we meet up? I want a spot we can both easily find, possibly where we can wait a while if one or our flights is delayed. A restaurant? I don't want to miss her in a crowd while watching an exit. Once together, (yea!) we'll head to our apartment near the Anton Martin Metro Station. Would you suggest taking a taxi, bus #200/#204, or metro? Thank you.
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Original Poster

Hi, I did some more searching on this site and found out more about the shuttle and meeting location. One of us will catch the shuttle from one terminal to the other. My daughter arrives a half hour later but I have to go through customs, so who should travel and who should stay waiting? If I travel to T4, a previous post suggested to meet at Medeas Cafeteria. Does this work even if my daughter is flying within Spain? Then we would take bus #204 into the city. Where should we meet if my daughter catches the shuttle to where Delta arrives? And then it appears we would take bus #200. Is T4/Medeas a good plan or do you suggest another restaurant near the Delta arrival area? Thanks.
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 08:12 PM

Hi Golfmom,

I wonder if it was one of my old posts you found. I indeed met my son at the Medas cafeteria on terminal 4. He was flying from Santander(Spain) and I was flying from Rome. The place was suggested to me by Cova , a frequent Fodor's contributor who lives in Madrid. there was also another cafeteria nearby called Ars. I remember them being right outside from bagagge claims. I think that's a good plan.

Sorry I can't help you with buses or metro as I always take taxi from the airport.
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 06:50 AM
Original Poster

Cruiseluv, Thank you for the confirmation with the T4 cafe. Does anyone know of a restaurant near T1? It seems we are backtracking to meet up at T4 - but I could be wrong. Am I?
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 06:56 AM

You have a point about backtracking...

According to the airport website, there is an Ars cafeteria on level 0, Terminal 1, arrivals level.

http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite?Si...Language=EN_GB
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 08:53 AM

Better for her to come to T1 although T4 is a beautiful award winning terminal if you are not going to have the chance to see it on your way out.

There is a large self service café as mentioned. Should be easy enough to find you.

The bus stop will be just out the door. It costs 1 euro.

I am a bus taker from Barajas to the end of the line, then I walk, taxi or take another bus to my destination. Customer service in the bus depot on lower level can set you up with transit info. There are machines for metro/bus passes also. You and your daughter can share a 10 ride ticket. You may prefer the metro. A new line has opened recently but I'll let someone else more experienced in the airport metro fill you in.

If you DO take the bus, just before the bu goes underground at the depot, on your right there will be a large unusual hotel with some plastic colorful banners decorating the facade. (ugly if you ask me). This hotel has a floor each done by famous artists and architects.

Some of the rooms are totally absurd, but the concept was supposed to blow everyone away and make people want to stay there just BECAUSE. Didn't pull off as planned.

Hotel Silken Puerta de America

http://www.hoteles-silken.com/hotel-...a-jean-nouvel/
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Original Poster

Thank you cruiseluv and lincasanova; just the info I needed.