Trenitalia Milan to Rome not available?

Mar 11th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Original Poster

Trenitalia Milan to Rome not available?

I'm sure I found a train scheduled from Milan to Rome in late June when I was on the Trenitalia site on Saturday. However last night when I attempted to book it Trenitalia says "No solution found". Am I doing something wrong or is this a case of Trenitalia working on its timetable.
Thanks
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:34 AM

Are you trying to book beyond a particular booking "window" which might exist?
Mar 11th, 2012, 11:24 AM

The summer schedules are not yet posted by Trenitalia. For those dates after the second week in June, you'll have to wait until the schedules get posted. Unfortunately, the schedules don't come out all on one date, but rather over a period of days or even weeks - at the control of Trenitalia.

If you're looking for a late June, July or August route in April or May, you'll probably have to wait until early June... Two times a year - in June and December - Trenitalia goes through these schedule uploads, sometimes encompassing price and route changes.
Mar 11th, 2012, 11:32 AM

I see 5 trains in the AM all taking between 3:00 and 3:25 to Rome on a Sat. schedule. Several are at :20 past each hour.
I doubt if it will change much later.
Mar 11th, 2012, 02:14 PM

If you just want to know how often these trains run between Milan and Rome, look at schedules for March, April or May. The summer schedules will not be much different. Perhaps a few extra trains added. Keep checking Trenitalia in May to see if they summer schedules are loaded. There are 2-3 fast AV trains per hour on this route.
Mar 11th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. Yes I had looked at schedule up to earlier in June on a Monday to ensure that there would be a connection. It seemed to me there should be plenty of fast trains available. I just needed to be sure since I will be flying out of Rome that night. I shall wait for later June timetable to appear.
Whilst booking other trains on Trenitalia site this past weekend I received a phone call from my credit union at 10:30pm checking that there was not suspicious activity on my account. How good is that? I had thought of informing them ahead of time but had not done so since they were small amounts. I'm most impressed with the vigilance of my banker.
Thanks all

Search this Thread