Travelogues

Old Apr 30th, 2004, 06:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travelogues

For everyone who have an interest in reading travelogues then please feel free to read mine.

They can be found at:

http://www.bangor.ac.uk/~fos007/travel.htm

I kept a journal whilst visiting Rome & Florence, St.Petersburg & Moscow and also Thailand.

Old Apr 30th, 2004, 08:40 AM

In Russia Monday is the worst day of the week, not Friday. Your Friday the 13th curse wouldn't work in Moscow.
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 08:46 AM

Fantastic photos and site. Thank you for sharing. Though my list of places that I want to visit now has grown by about 40 new entries.
Old May 5th, 2004, 01:36 AM
Original Poster

Is there also an unlucky number in Russia ? Does Monday the 7th have the same stigma attached to it as Friday the 13th has in the 'west' ?

Thanks for the info, it's quite fascinating!
Old May 7th, 2004, 03:10 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Chicago Heather! I'm glad you liked my site.

Yes, it's good to day dream about places to visit. It's my favourite past time!
Old May 25th, 2004, 02:47 PM

Colin, Read your comments and thoughts of Moscow & St Pete's. If you would; please e-mail me. i have alot of questions. We are doing a 4 night pre-cruise in Moscow and staying at the National Hotel where you stayed. It doesn't sound too nice. I thought it was a 5 star hotel. Small rooms and scratchy sheets; overpriced room service? We have no choice here since the cruiseline booked it. I am not looking forward to the Moscow airport either. Sounds like a nightmare. We are flying from Moscow to Stocklhom to board the ship. Should we skip Moscow and go directly to Stockholm? We will be in St. Pete's for 2 day via the cruise. Moscow is giving me the creeps and I want a nice stressless time. Will we really get stopped by the police who expect bribes? Yikes, Colin!
[email protected]
Old Aug 16th, 2004, 03:01 AM
Original Poster

Hi Judy,

The National Hotel wasn't too bad. True. The food was extortionately expensive, espcially compared to local restaurants. True. Our room was small, but functional. (We had been spoilt by having an amazing room at the Astoria in St.Petersbug!) But it was in a perfect location, and I couldn't fault the service. The staff were very helpful.

Now, whilst Moscow wasn't my favourite city I'm glad that I experienced it. It has a special vibe. It also has incredible memorable sites such as the Kremlin, Lenin's mausoluem, St.Basil's Cathedral.

Take the police in good humour, pay your fine (if asked) and get on with your vacation. Consider it a charitable donation to the underpaid officers!

Definetly don't skip Moscow as you will regret missing out on having been somewhere special.

I prefer St.Petersburg however!

Have a great time, and let us know how you got on!

Old Sep 7th, 2004, 08:31 AM
Original Poster

Hey Judy !

how did you enjoy your vacation ?

I hope you did stop over in Moscow, and I'm sure as you left for home you were already planning your return to St.Petersburg!