Search

Traveling Lisbon to Porto

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2022, 02:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Traveling Lisbon to Porto

Hello

I am flying into Lisbon and need to make my way to Porto the same day to start my Portugal vacation. My flight arrives about 10:45 AM and the first flight on Tap air to Porto is at 11:30 AM which I think is too tight of a connection. The next flight is 4 PM. Would you recommend taking a high speed train or wait for the 4 PM flight. I just didn't want waste time at the airport. Trains leave around 12 PM and next is 2 PM but I would have to get through customs and then to the trains station.

Greatly appreciate advice
Old Aug 23rd, 2022, 06:08 AM

Would you be flying on the same ticket or separate tickets?

By the time you get out of the airport and to the train station, and then take the train you are not going to save too much time (I seriously doubt you would make a 12:00 train so it would likely be the 14:00 train) however, unless you are coming from really far away and will have jet lag, it could be nice to stretch your legs on a train instead of waiting until 16.00.

If you are flying on a separate ticket, I would just take the train for sure rather than going through passport control and then back in through security again.
Old Aug 26th, 2022, 05:02 PM
Original Poster

Hi
Thanks for the reply! Sorry I am late to reply. Too much work!!
It would be two separate tickets. I ended up booking a round trip train ticket from Lisbon to Porto on the high speed train. Thought it would be fun to look out at the scenery and I would be way too antsy sitting at the airport waiting. Do you know if it matters what train station you depart from? I realized the Oriente train station is closer to the airport and it's the same train that leave from Santa Apolonia station. This was the departure station I chose when booking the ticket. Ug.
Old Aug 26th, 2022, 11:08 PM

Oriente is much closer. You should be able to board there, no problem.
Old Aug 27th, 2022, 06:49 PM

Yes, Oriente is closer. Just jump in a cab at the airport. It's a pleasant train journey and you will arrive in town rather than at the airport in Porto.