Traveling Easyjet within Euro

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2003, 08:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where would you advise me to fly Easyjet within Europe?<BR><BR>I only have 15 days and want to maximize my traveling time.<BR><BR>I will be based in London and want to go to:<BR><BR>Amsterdam<BR>Paris<BR>Nice<BR>Cinque Terre<BR>Florence<BR>Venice<BR>Rome<BR><BR>I would be grateful for any input or suggestions. <BR><BR>
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 08:16 PM

I think you want to cover too much ground in too short a time. If you fly Easyjet, they will slow you down. This is because you should check in quite early for their flights. They also discourage connecting flights and will not help you if your original flight is late.<BR><BR>Check the Easyjet website for their schedule. You may be able to visit London plus two other cities, three if you are really ambitious.
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 11:24 PM

Do you have 15 days in total or 15 days extra to spend outside of London? If you only have 15 days in total, you may want to focus on one Easyjet excursion out of London and spend a few days in the location of your choice. We did just that and flew to Amsterdam on Easyjet from London Gatwick, spent five days exploring as much of Holland as we could (two days in Amsterdam alone). The flight was only 50 minutes and if you are flexible with dates and book early enough, the price is very reasonable.
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 08:30 AM
Original Poster

I will be based in London for a month and a half, however, I will have 12 days off to explore other areas of Europe.
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 11:00 PM

While my hop over to Europe on Easyjet from London only involved visiting one country for five days, you should be able to put together a rather nice itinerary. If I had the 12 days free, I would probably focus on no more than two cities (maybe three). Have a wonderful time!
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 05:56 AM

Robbydigi,<BR><BR>I'm not sure we understand your question. Are you looking to spend 15 consecutive days traveling or several 2-3 day trips? Are you focusing on Easy Jet because you have free tkts or something (because there are other discounted flights/airlines that may be just as good/better)? Finally, train travel between London &amp; Paris has been proven by other Fodorites to be faster than flying because you're traveling from city center to city center &amp; don't have to be there 2 hrs before departure.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 07:55 PM
Original Poster

Sorry everyone for the confusing question. <BR>I will be based in London all summer and will have 12 days to travel Europe.<BR>Amsterdam, France and Italy are the places I would like to see. However, Italy is where I want to spend the most time. <BR>I was wondering if I should just focus on traveling by train or look into easyjet.<BR>Thanks for being patient everyone.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 08:46 PM

I may be doing something similar this summer, Robbydigi. I'll be based in Cambridge for 5 weeks, with long weekends off. I won't be taking all those weekends to travel to the continent, though (too pricey, too much homework!). I think I'll take a 3-day jaunt to Venice, and perhaps another to somewhere in Switzerland. But I'm saving any in-depth exploration for the end of the summer, when I'm taking a week to go to Rome and Florence.<BR><BR>That being said, since you'll be based in London, you could probably take more trips. It may be easier for you to get to Stanstead or Luton to catch your flights. Also, look into Ryan Air. They tend to fly to secondary airports in big cities, but sometimes their rates are even more reasonable than Easyjet's. <BR><BR>If you're travelling 12 days in a row, you may still want to use low-cost airlines, as they can be even cheaper than a rail pass. Look around the net - British Midlands and Virgin both have no-frills alternatives (Baby BMI and Virgin Express?). Somewhere on these boards, someone mentioned a newspaper article (NY Times?) about these no-frills airlines, so you can do a text search for that.<BR><BR>Good luck!
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 08:55 PM

Ooo... I meant to tell you that there are more no-frills airlines than BabyBMI, Virgin Express, Easyjet and Ryan Air. I just can't remember their names. Some are better than others for flights between different cities, of course (for ex., I think Virgin Express is based out of Brussels, so it's not best for a London-Rome flight). More experienced people on this board would know more.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 09:05 PM

So as I now understnd it, you have 12 (not 15) days and want to visit all the places you list.<BR><BR>Really too many places and too much travel for just 12 days.<BR><BR>If you are based in London all summer why don't you do a couple of weekends by train or plane - Both Amsterdam and Paris are easy Friday PM (or Sat. AM) to Sunday PM trips.<BR><BR>Then you will have your 12 days to see Nice and Italy. That is a much more realistic plan.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 09:45 PM
Original Poster

Since I only have 12 days...<BR><BR> Do you think going to Amsterdam for 2 days and then spending the rest of my time in Italy would be wise?<BR> Should I really forsake France or should I just narrow down some of the places I was planning to go in Italy?<BR>HELP!
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 04:10 AM

With limited time, take account of where budget flights actually land as they often use small airports - eg Ryanair's &quot;Paris&quot; flight lands at Beauvais, some distance outside (not huge) whereas all A'dam flights go to Schiphol (20 mins by train from station at airport).<BR>IMHO 7 cities plus London is about double what could be fun.<BR>To make best use of your time, do some guidebook reading in advance, always proves useful &amp; saves time&amp; money.
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 04:49 AM
aj

Take Easy Jet to Italy and then the train to travel from city to city, easy!<BR>We have taken Easy Jet from London to Amsterdam and it was short and sweet.
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 05:54 AM

Sorry robbydigi but you still haven't answered the question is this 12 (or 15) consecutive days of travel or short trips in and out of London so we still can't help.<BR><BR>Here's a website that was recently posted here that includes all (I think) discounted airlines<BR>www.skyscanner.net
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 07:08 AM
Original Poster

Ok, I will be based in London all summer. I will have a chance to go to Paris and maybe Amsterdam on my for a weekend trip.<BR><BR>The problem is, I will get 12 days to travel anywhere in Europe. My friends and mom will be coming at that time. Some of the places that came up to see were: Amsterdam, France and Italy. <BR>We are meeting up in London, then traveling want to travel to other places. So, I was trying to figure out if taking Easyjet to 1-2 cities will save us some time.<BR>Thanks!
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 12:13 AM

Hi again! Go to http://www.easyjet.com/en/book/index.asp Just click on the airport you want to depart from and see the cities that are connected to your departure airport - Easyjet flies out of three London airports, so you've got a lot of choices. Have fun planning (but book early to get the cheap tickets).
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 04:28 AM

BMI (British Midlands) now flies from London Heathrow to Venice. So does Volare (from Gatwick). Easy Jet flies from London to Nice.