Travel to Spain next year

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10th, 2021, 03:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I was just reading someone else's question re: travel in Spain and it made me wonder if I am being realistic in wanting to visit Andalucia and Mallorca in one trip. Thought we'd do 6 days in Seville, etc and then 5 days in Mallorca. We realize we would have to fly to Palma. Is it do-able? Thanks.
Old Aug 10th, 2021, 05:44 PM

It's feasible but there is so much to see and do in Andalucia that I'd just focus on that region. I think that would give you a better and more relaxed holiday.
Old Aug 10th, 2021, 06:06 PM

For me, two or three days work for Seville, then one day for Cordoba, one day for Granada and, if you want some beach time, a couple of days on the coast. Allow time getting between these places, at least 1/2 day getting to Granada (from hotel checkout to hotel checking). You could stay in Seville and make Cordoba a day trip by train, but that does not work well for Granada. There are other places to see in the area, Malaga, the white villages, etc.

When do you plan on this trip? May is a great time for the gardens in the Alhambra.
Old Aug 10th, 2021, 11:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You can do it, but why. Mallorca is nice 365 destination but really if I had to choose between all the sights and sites of the area around Seville I would find it hard to go there instead. Malaga, Cadiz, Grenada, Cordoba plus all the beeches. Why or indeed why not travel into Portugal which at least is a different country?
Old Aug 11th, 2021, 04:32 AM

I'd skip Mallorca and do Sevilla and Málaga
Malaga Tourism, Official Website of the Department of Tourism of Malaga

Trips to Córdoba
https://www.turismodecordoba.org/places-to-visit

Granada
What to see in Granada | Turismo de Granada

and Cádiz
https://www.cadizturismo.com/en/municipios/cadiz
Old Aug 11th, 2021, 01:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
What Revulgo says. I've never been to Andalucia in the Spring but I should love to do so - a wonderful time of year to see the gardens of the Alhambra and the Alcazar in Seville and also all the courtyard gardens of Seville as well as to spend time on the beach at Malaga.
Old Aug 13th, 2021, 05:18 PM
Original Poster

thank you everyone who replied. what originally drew me to Spain was Mallorca but the more I started learning about Andalusia the more I wanted to see this place too. We plan on visiting next July (I know, it will be hot). Still time to decide, but it may come to just Adalusia.