Travel to Andorra

Search

Travel to Andorra

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 02:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travel to Andorra

We are flying into Barcelona in March. My husband wants to try taking buses to Andorra rather than renting a car.

He also has thoughts on traveling to Monaco and Campione d'Italia by train or bus. Is it feasible? I can't find any info in English on traveling to these destinations. Help!
Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 03:07 PM

I would take the car to Andorra. The trip through the Pyrenees is one of the best mountain road trips around, especial coming from Spain. It would be a long drive from Barcelona, but well worth it. Spend the night in Andorra. The food is great and when we were there the bottle of wine came with dinner. I would also do Monaco by car. Just leave Andorra heading for France and on to Monaco.
Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 03:37 PM

I agree with taking a car. We did a similar trip some years ago, and it was wonderful. We drove thru the Pyrenees then along the southern coast of France. We stayed close to Nice and went on day trips to Monaco, Cannes, Eze, and Gorge du Verdun.
Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 06:08 PM
Original Poster

Unfortunately, my husband WANTS to take the bus or trains. Any suggestions?
Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 06:20 PM

I am with your husband. My SO loves to ride, is a terrible map reader, and is no assistance when I am driving. I cannot look around and enjoy the scenry when driving. THEREFORE, I NEVER rent a car in Europe. The buses in Spain are wonderful. Because the railroad system is not as well developed as the rest of Europe the bus system is much more extensive, dirty cheap, and the nicest buses you will have ever ridden in. Your husband is smart.
Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 07:23 PM

I was researching Collioure to Figueres, Spain- Collioure to Arles...the bahn.de German rail website has proved the easiest to use. Then I get different times and connections if I try Rail Europe and the SCNF sites- but at least you can get a sense of length of time. Perpignan might be the destination city to enter for France, although even Avignon has come up as a route to Arles, via TgV. Hope this helps! I wish we had time to get to Andorra, too!
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:50 AM

Hi

just worth putting some road times in :

Barcelona to Monaco is 7 hrs
Andorra to Monaco is 6 hrs

Peter
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:54 AM

there are plenty of buses to andorra, on weekends they are filled with potential skiers.

andorra has always been a huge weekend destination with package deals with hotel, etc.