travel in denmark

Search

travel in denmark

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2007, 05:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
travel in denmark

What is the least expensive way to travel from Copenhagen to Vejle , Denmark ? We will be there in June, 2008.
Thanks, nvkath
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 05:41 AM
ira

Hi nv,

Walk or hitchhike.

Also see www.bahn.de for schedules
for Koebenhavn H to Vejle.

You can buy your ticket when you get there.

Old Jun 21st, 2007, 05:53 AM

By train a snap - direct InterCityLyntog take 2 h 12 min and leave hourly from Copenhagen's main train station

Vejle is about 150 miles west of Copenhagen - like Ira says just cop tickets once there - so many trains no problem getting on. Trains do not require reservations but you can make them when buying your ticket.

These trains leave Cope hourly at :50 after the hour, ar in Vejle 2 hr 12 min later, or at :02 after the hour.

Don't need any more schedules because these are your options.

Trains go over the new bridge-tunnel to Jutland, replacing a previous ferry link
Old Jun 23rd, 2007, 12:38 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your assistance ! I am on my way to Graasten to visit my father's grave - is it far from Vejle, or can I continue on the train ?
Again, many thanks
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 06:18 AM

donnow - go to the site ira mentions, the German Rail site and put in Copenhagen and Graasten and if it has a rail station you'll find out. If not there will be a bus no doubt from some train station.

An easy way to access the bahn.de's English schedule site is to go to www.budgeteuropetravel.com and on their home page click on the link All European Railway Timetables or some such wording and then the English schedule page pops up and you just put in Copnhagen and Graasten and the date and you'll get all the train schedules is there is train service. The home page references also gives you several tips on using the Wunderbar bahn.de site - the best for train schedules for all of Europe - easiest i've found.
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 06:42 AM

On www.dsb.dk, you can look up journeys by train or bus.
The only Graasten I can find is near Sønderborg on the Baltic coast close to the German border, and nowhere near Vejle.
Old Aug 5th, 2007, 02:00 PM

Hi. I live in Denmark/Copenhagen and have a lot of family in the southern part of Denmark. You should not take the train to Vejle as its in the middle of jutland and Graasten is in the south. You need to get on a train to Sonderborg (4-5 hrs from CPH)and from the book a transfer, take a bus or taxi to Graasten. Our royal family by the way have one of their castles in Graasten. Worth a vist. At this webpage you can plan your train tour, check rates, etc. Its also in english (choose language in the top rigth corner) http://www.rejseplanen.dk/
Old Aug 5th, 2007, 02:57 PM

There is no need to take a bus or taxi from Sønderborg to Graasten. Graasten has a station on the railway line to Sønderborg: it's the stop before Sønderborg.