Reload this Page >

Travel from Malaga to Seville

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2002, 01:06 PM
Heather

What is the best way to get from Malaga to Seville. Is there a train or bus? Should we rent a car? How long will it take to get there?

Old May 7th, 2002, 04:39 PM
tutu

There are daily train connections to Seville from Malaga . How you go is up to you. If you feel comfortable driving in Spain then renting a car might be your best bet

Old May 8th, 2002, 02:45 AM
Judy

We were there during Semana Santa so even though we had rented a car, we didn't want to find a spot with the crowds. We were advised by a friend living in Malaga to instead take the bus, many go there, it is less expensive and just as quick because of the route(at least this is what we were told). Coming home half of our group decided to stay till the wee hours and they easily got a later time. My recollection is it took about 21/2 hours. Judy

Old May 8th, 2002, 08:05 PM
Chad

Heather,<BR><BR>If you have the time, I'd suggest renting a car and taking two days to do the drive. This would allow you to explore some of the pueblas blancas which are hard to see w/out a car. These white villages are a highlight of this part of Spain. I'd really recommend a night in Ronda.

Old May 9th, 2002, 08:47 AM
Heather

Thanks Chad...I don't know much about Ronda..what is it all about? How long do you think the drive would be without the stop?

Old May 10th, 2002, 09:51 PM
Chad

Heather,<BR><BR>Ronda is one of the more famous "white towns" in southern Spain. It is built up on both sides of a huge gorge. It is a really beautiful town, with amazing scenery. Take a look at this<BR>link for photos and more info:<BR>http://www.webaperture.com/articles/lib/tra/rd0104<BR><BR>Getting between Malaga and Seville via Ronda would take around seven hours with no stops. So, if you wanted to see Ronda, you'd really need to plan on spending the night. If you took the freeway (and missed Ronda and the other white towns), you could do the trip in about 2 1/2 hours.