Search

Travel from Granada to Seville

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 08:38 AM
fae
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travel from Granada to Seville

Has anyone traveled from Granada to Seville on the bus? I can load the 2 cities into the Alsa website but I cannot get any schedules of times or cost to come up. My travel books say it is a 3 hr. trip direct. Does anyone know the route it takes and the cost?

Also, someone mentioned riding the train to Seville and just hopping off in Cordoba but it does not look like the train to Seville from Granada goes through Cordoba. If it does, how do you do the jump off/jump back on thing? Does anyone know the route the train follows from Granada to Seville?

Thanks!
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 12:27 PM

Done it all.

From memory, there are ten journeys a day with the ALSA bus. Yes, it is a three hour trip, no idea why you cannot work the site,maybe looking too far ahead.

You cannot 'hop off' train wise, you buy a ticket for each leg. No, the direct train does not pass through Cordoba.
Old Sep 1st, 2012, 09:17 AM

There are several Alsa buses each day. Some of the buses originate in Catagena, some in Granada. The cost is €20,98 for the regular bus and €27.18 for the Supra. Depending on which bus you take, the travel time is from 2h 58m to 4h 30m. And yes, you can only book so far ahead, but the rates should be the same for now.

If you're going to be in Granada for a couple of days, you can buy your tickets at the bus station when you arrive.
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:50 PM

I just booked these same tickets (going the other direction however) the other day for travel in beginning of Nov. I had a lot of problems with the website and wanted to pull my hair out. First thing I discovered was that you need to make sure you go to the "Regional" section and not "National". As far as I can tell from the itineraries, it looks like most trains are direct, and the ones that aren't don't seem to stop in Cordoba. If you have the time while in Sevilla, perhaps you can take a day trip to Cordoba. That's what we plan to do - there's a high speed train that takes about 40 minutes.

Lastly, when you do get your bus tickets on the Alsa site, make sure to use paypal as they only accept Spanish issued credit cards (another thing I found out the hard way). I've yet to decide which site was more difficult - Alsa or Renfe.

Good luck and have fun!
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:39 PM

I have done this trip lots of times. I have always turned up on the day and bought a ticket for the next bus or train. This is what the local people do. Easy.