Travel from Amsterdam to Spaarnwoude Resort/Houtrak Golf Course

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My son will be playing in a European Tour pro golf event in September being held at the Houtrak Golf Club which is near the Spaarnwoude Resort. The directions say that it is off of the A9, near the Halfweg turnoff. I noticed that there is a Haarlem Spaarnwoude train stop on the Amsterdam to Haarlem line. Does anyone know of the best way to get there from Amsterdam? We will be staying in an apartment, probably in the Jordann. Can we take the train? How much would a cab be? It is about 10 miles from Amsterdam.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer...
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 01:11 AM

A taxi would be a lot from Amsterdam itself - cabs are expensive and not very pleasant in Amsterdam.
You could get the train to Haarlem Spaarnwoude and get a cab from there. You would probably need to reserve a cab to meet you at the station as it is only a very small station. There is a bus which will get you a bit closer but it still involves a long walk - about 25 minutes.
Alternatively get the train to Haarlem and either use the OVtaxi, Treintaxi or an ordinary taxi from there to the golf course. You will share that OV taxi and treintaxi (if it goes that far) with others, but they are much cheaper.
To reserve a taxi, once you are in the Netherlands phone 0900-9292 and they will connect you with a taxi company.

It may make more sense to stay in Haarlem and maybe hire a car to get to the golf course, or just taxi it from there, rather than staying in the Jordaan and schlepping out there every day.
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 01:28 AM

Haarlem Spaarnewoude is hardly a station, just a platform stop out in the polder. I never saw anybody get off there and most trains from Amsterdam to Haarlem do not stop there so I doubt that there is a taxi rank. You would probably need to reserve a taxi as hetismij says.

The treintaxi in Haarlem had been discontinued when I was there in October.

I agree that staying in Haarlem and taking a taxi to the golf course is probably more practical.
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 01:58 AM

According to the NS site the treintaxi still runs from Haarlem - thanks for the update on that Spaarne.
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 06:03 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies....my new plan....stay in the Jordaan (I can't give up that thought, I was there in June and was delighted with the neighborhood and have found a wonderful apartment for the week) and rent a car and drive in and out every day.
Any reactions to that idea? How will it be getting in and out of Amsterdam? Parking in the Jordaan?

Thanks,
Ken
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 06:25 AM

Bad idea! Amsterdam is the most expensive city in the world in which to park! It will cost you €4,40 per hour in zone 1 (which includes the Jordaan). There is a parking garage on the Nassaukade which costs €2.60 an hour, €27 a day, but it depends on where in the Jordaan you are whether that is convenient. It is open from 0.70 to 01.00 Sunday to Wednesday, and 24 hrs Thursday to Saturday. There is another parking garage on the Marnixstraat (53.60 per hour, €36 per day. Similar hours)
Parking on the street will be almost impossible, and your car may not be that secure.
Driving in Amsterdam in not for the faint hearted, getting in and out by car can be tough depending on what time of day you are trying to do it.
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

OK, never mind....bad idea. Thanks.