Travel Credit Cards

Search

Travel Credit Cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2007, 05:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travel Credit Cards

I am looking for a new credit card which will give me low rates, travel perks, low international fees, etc. Does anyone have any advice? I don't currently have a card with travel/frequent flyer perks. I live in the US and plan on some moderate/extensive travel over the next decade and want to get the most out of any available perks related to credit cards.
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 06:50 AM

Hi new2europe, I like the Citi premier pass. It has a $75 yearly fee. When I fly within the US, I get a free 2nd airfare. It gives 1 point for every mile flown, plus 1 point for every dollar spent. Double points for gas purchase, groceries, and drug stores. If you are using points to fly, my experience has been 25,000 for domestic, 60,000 for Europe. I have personally used both the buddy pass, and points for flights, and been very happy with the service. They also will notify the air carrier to add frequent flier credit for any airline you are registered with. Don't recall the fees to convert currency. If you log on to their website you can check it out, and get any other info I haven't given. pp
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 06:53 AM

bookmarking
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 07:50 AM

peppermintpatti, I'm curious about that "When I fly within the US, I get a free 2nd airfare."

Is that on any fare, or only on full fare tickets? Everything like that seems to end up being more expensive than two tickets at the lowest discount price. I suppose if you did a lot of last minute flying and couldn't get good fares, it could be a good thing, though.
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 08:12 AM

Hi Neo, I am usually flying in the summer, spring break, etc, because of children in school. I'm not too good at finding good airfare at those times, so for me, it works out okay. The times I have flown, my paid airfare has been the same or close,(after adding taxes to the quoted prices). pp