Reload this Page >

Travel between Budapest & Vienna

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 1999, 02:56 PM
Bruce

I'm planning to rent a car in Budapest & I have 4 days before I leave from the Vienna airport. I am going to stay in Durnstein for the last 2 nights. Any ideas of towns for the other 2 nights between Budapest & Durnstein? Also, what do you think of the Grand Hotel Margitsziget in Budapest? Thanks

Old Aug 24th, 1999, 06:49 PM
Peter

Prague is really nice...

Old Aug 25th, 1999, 09:37 AM
cp

Will you actually spend any time in Budapest? That might be one night. I think Prague is too far out of your way. Soporon in Hungary might be a good bet.

Old Aug 25th, 1999, 12:25 PM
Richard

Bruce, Any particular reason for driving from Budapest to Vienna? The train might be a better bet and it's very inexpensive.

Old Aug 26th, 1999, 12:09 PM
Ken Horn

Bruce- I agree with Richard. I suspect the drop fee alone would pay for the train, especially if you are alone. Ride the train to Vienna and then rent a car. <BR>You might want to spend the other 2 nites in Vienna proper or Baden (South of Vienna about 15 miles). Another possibility is Melk, but it is very similar to Durnstein. Enjoy the wine in Durnstein- <BR>

Old Sep 7th, 1999, 07:33 PM
Bmajor

We took the hydrofoil from Budapest to Vienna and it was a wonderful way to relax. We rented a car in Vienna then went to Salzburg for 3 nights and stayed 2 nights in Durnstein before our departure from Vienna. Also, we did cut our stay in Budapest to stay longer in Salzburg -- and we both agreed it was a wise choice!