Travel Agents in Munich Train Station

Old Aug 13th, 2003, 01:03 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Travel Agents in Munich Train Station

I have traveled Europe before but have always pre-planned. I am going to Munich in October, but have not made any further plans for the rest of the 16 days. My friend that I am going with has said there are travel agents at the train station. Has anyone every used them? Are they legitimate or are they a waste of time?

Thanks!
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 02:08 PM
Degas

I used them last summer in a pinch when the flooding forced a sudden plan change. They were busy, but took the time to explain our options. I might have done a little better "off-site", but they got me a pretty good deal on a hotel in Paris and hooked us up with a train leaving within the hour.

Old Aug 13th, 2003, 02:08 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Two places come to mind: There is a Traveler's Aid office at the train station that can help as well as a tourist office just outside the station. Both are legit and can provide help. Can't remember if the tourist office charges for this service or not. If you are going to Munich during the first week of October, then lodging is going to be hard to find and expensive, for obvious reasons.
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 02:19 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
They are very helpful. But, the problem for me was arriving on a Saturday and there was not a hotel, bed or breakfast to be had. I took a chance with a person standing in front of the station, who had a sign for an apartment rental for the night which turned out to be reasonable. I didn't know what the heck I was in for and took a great chance, that I wouldn't do again... get a hotel for the first couple of nights before you go.
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 02:58 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The offices in the Munich and Berlin train station are called EurAide. They are wonderful!! They have a web site for some info--euraide.de. We used them for train tickets, tours and just info. There was no extra charge for anything they arranged for us.