Travel agent for Sicily

Search

Travel agent for Sicily

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travel agent for Sicily

Any recommendation on London-based or Italy-based travel agents which sells packages on Sicily and Amalfi area on-line?
Old Mar 30th, 2004, 03:36 AM

Bellini Travel in London have a good reputation. I'm not sure if you can book online as I think they tend to tailor-make most packages. Another company you might want to consdider is Citalia, although they are a tour operator not a travel agent. www.citalia.co.uk.

If you want cheap family type holidays to Sicily then perhaps My Travel or First Choice would be other tour operators to consider.
Old Mar 30th, 2004, 05:19 AM

Good morning, watakeet\
Had used CIT North America,many years back on our first trip to Sicily, ran about 6-7 days with overnites starting in Palermo, Agrigento, Siracusa, Taormina and returning to Palermo or as
we did depart from Catania.Used the Jolly Hotel chain thruout. Was satisified with the tour, personnel and hotels, food and etc.
see www.cit-tours.com and/or e mail to
[email protected]....
Richad of LaGramge Parkk, IL
PS returned toSicily four times after this tour on our own....
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 12:32 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. It took me ages to locate the responses to my post. Couldn't believe there are over 250 new threads posted per day!

I haven't made it clear in my post that I am not based in US. I live in HK and it's far cheaper and flexible (in terms of planning itinerary) for me to fly to London and then take a charter flight to Italy instead of to Italy direct. That's why I search for either London-based or Italy-based travel agents.

I'll need a bit of time to browse through the websites given here but let me thank you all here in the meantime still.

Any more information would definitely welcome. I have only been to Italy (major cities like Rome, Florence, Milan, Venice, Pisa) once over ten years ago and Italy seems so much fun that I don't know where to start!
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 02:46 AM

To find your posts, log in, then click on your screen name in the upper left hand corner.
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 10:59 PM
Original Poster

Ap6380, thanks for your advice. I figured it out after all the effort. But of course, it has given me much pleasure reading the various messages posted here.