COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Transportation from Paris Beauvais

Old Sep 21st, 2015, 12:41 PM
mrt
Original Poster

Transportation from Paris Beauvais

I am flying to Paris into the Beauvais airport. I read that this airport is an hour or so from the center of Paris. Other than a cab is there an efficient less expensive means to Paris.

What will a cab ride cost approximately at about 11:00 am on a weekday
Old Sep 21st, 2015, 12:42 PM

Ryan Air buses run from central Paris to rendezvous with Ryan Air flights for about 10 euros I think - otherwise take one of the frequent Paris to Beauvais trains then a taxi from the city center to the airport. If on Ryan Air check with them.
Old Sep 21st, 2015, 12:48 PM
mrt
Original Poster

I am only flying into Beauvais. I want to go from the airport to the city.
Old Sep 21st, 2015, 12:50 PM

well are you on Ryan Air = they have buses that take their passengers into Paris too - if not the only way I think is either a private shuttle - or take a bus or cab into the city center train station - about an hour or so by train from Paris.
Old Sep 21st, 2015, 01:19 PM

Taxi will be around 100 €.
As Pq says, you can take the Ryanair shuttle, if you arrive with them, you can book the shuttle with your airticket.
Old Sep 21st, 2015, 01:23 PM

There is an airport bus (don't know if its Ryanair or not, it doesn't say Ryanair on the bus). I'd take it
http://tickets.aeroportbeauvais.com/CGU.aspx?red=NB

Go to the bus office in Terminal 1. YOu do NOT have to be a Ryanair customer.

This is a van service, group or private, it costs more of course. http://beauvais.airport-shuttle.com/...is_shuttle.htm

The train station is too far away to be that convenient as a way into Paris.
Old Sep 22nd, 2015, 01:01 AM

We have used the shared shuttles the 3 times we've flown in/out of Beauvais. There is no one "stellar" company unfortunately. If you do an on-line search you'll see what I mean.

That being said, as seniors, we will put up with the occasional driver who acts like he's never made the trip before and keeps having to check his gps, or having to be the second or third drop off instead of the first, so that we don't have anymore connections to make with baggage and we get dropped off at our hotel. (the bus only gets you to the perepherique and you will still have to walk/taxi/metro to your final destination) The trip in is well over an hour, more like an hour and a half.

The train from Beauvais is a possibility for you, since it is during the day. You can taxi or take the inexpensive local bus service to the Gare in Beauvais and it will get you to the Gare St. Lazare...I think "direct" but the times I saw early evening, it still took about an hour and a half...so maybe less expensive, but won't buy you time. If you are traveling light...you could consider catching the fantastic astrological clock in the cathedral at noon (?) before continuing on to Paris.
Old Sep 22nd, 2015, 01:02 AM

I guess I should have noted that the shared shuttles have to be pre-booked; you won't be able to find upon arrival!
Old Sep 22nd, 2015, 07:09 AM

Beauvais cathedral is one of the finest in France and one of the tallest in Europe. Well worth a look if you have time and are taking the train to Paris.
Old Sep 22nd, 2015, 08:13 AM

The train from Beauvais will bring you to the Gare du Nord in Paris. It takes around 1h15.
Old Sep 22nd, 2015, 12:23 PM

It is a non-TGV train - a regional train with no discount or a minor one for booking ahead - if doing the regular train just buy tickets at the Beauvais train station.