transportation from airport in rome

Jun 9th, 2003, 12:17 PM
Original Poster

transportation from airport in rome

what is going rate for a car service from Rome airport to Hotel near Spanish Steps for a family of 4? Any recommendations?
Jun 9th, 2003, 12:39 PM

Many of us have been really pleased with Limoservice Rome. www.limoservicerome.com. I can't recall if the price is based on number of people but with 4 people and luggage you might need a van.
Jun 9th, 2003, 12:46 PM

i was there around a year ago and just took a taxi. there is a taxi stand right outside when you exit the airport. it is orderly. we just waited in line and got a taxi. i believe it cost around $40 US. i remember thinking it was well worth it because i had heard others talk about taking the train into the city. the taxi is so much easier.
Jun 9th, 2003, 12:51 PM

Last year it was about 38Euro for three of us with luggage to take a cab from the airport to Piazza Navona. Be sure and talk to the driver before you get in, sometimes they will make a flat rate deal.
Jun 9th, 2003, 01:01 PM

The taxi stand worked for my wife and I. We were there about 3 weeks ago. The line moves along quickly. There are many other varying degrees of unofficial taxi services that are more than willing to help. Others I know have used some of the other services and have been happy. Many will quote you a flat rate instead of using the meter. We paid 45 Euro from the airport to our hotel near the Pantheon.
Jun 9th, 2003, 01:14 PM

As Daria said, the taxi stand right outside the terminal is the best bet. I was there a month ago, and a metered cab for 3 of us, with a fair amount of luggage, was $40 Euro to our hotel near the City University.
I would avoid the cabbies who solicit inside the terminal - these "unofficial" cabs don't appear to be regulated, are not metered, and charge as much as the traffic will bear. On my first trip to Rome 6 years ago, I foolishly took one of these "gypsy" cabs, and it cost me 150,000 lire, about $90 at the time. Do yourself a favor and go to the outside stand.
Jun 9th, 2003, 01:14 PM

Like Jody,we used the limo service and it worked out great. There were six of us arriving in Rome and staying at an apartment near the Vatican. They were at the airport when we arrived and at the apartment early on the day we left.

We payed a flat rate, but I don't recall exactly what it was at the moment. We did make arrangements through their website, though.
Jun 9th, 2003, 01:27 PM

I made a reservation with the limoservicerome for the 19 of june, and their rate for 3 people is 42 Euros.Go to their webb for a list of prices.Their new webb is: [email protected]
I never used their services before, but many people here at fodors recommend their business.
Jun 9th, 2003, 01:32 PM

opps, the webb is www.limoservicerome.com
Jun 9th, 2003, 01:40 PM

Completely agree with jody and kismet, I used limoservice Rome and couldn't have been happier. 3 of us in a spacious MB van was still only e42 (5/03) but they do charge e52 for 4+, and the driver met us right outside of customs and even showed us a few sites along the way. For little more than a taxi, you get a much more spacious ride in a Benz sedan or van so it was very well worth it!
Jun 9th, 2003, 02:44 PM
lm

Ditto for raves regarding Limoservice Rome. We were there two weeks ago (sigh) and they charged 42 euro from the airport to the Aventine Hill. It is so nice to have someone waiting for you at the end of a long trip and then wisk you away to a closely parked car. We had a Mercedes sedan for the ride in. We ended up having the concierge in our Florence Hotel call Andrea up with one days notice and arranged for a car to pick us up from the Rome Train terminal to take us back to the airport and they were waiting for us at the end of the platform. Again the charge was 42 euro and this time they had a Mercedes mini-van. It was some of the best money spent in our opinion.
Jun 9th, 2003, 02:47 PM

Hi, Is the price of 42 euro per person or for the car?
Thanks, Karrie
Jun 9th, 2003, 02:49 PM

car; prego
Jun 9th, 2003, 05:39 PM

I too have used LIMOSERVICEROME-=they are terrific....
They will meet you outside of customs hall, with an english speaking driver, and we had a Mercedes Station Wagon for the 2 of us- we were going on a cruise...but overniting at a hotel pre-cruise...

email direct to Andrea- he is terrific to work with....I have given his name to a number of my friends and they all have used him...
Jun 10th, 2003, 04:55 PM

My hotel offers the service of a nice car picking you up from the airport, but it costs 60 euro = 72 dollars. After reading all your postings, this sounds rather silly,
Sep 4th, 2005, 09:24 PM
rex

Anyone want to update this with more current experience(s) for Brahmama?

Best wishes,

Rex
Sep 6th, 2005, 04:38 AM

Hi, I would also recommend a car service. We booked Romeshuttle limosine in July 2005. Cost 40 euros for a minivan for our family of 4 which we needed. Cost for car Mercedes E class was 35 euros. Andrea was more expensive , he quoted 50 euros for a car. On the return I used Romecabs who also picked us up from the port to rome the day before our departure. Their charge was 45 euros for hotel to airport on 01 August 2005, in a minivan. Both services were on time. My only grouse with Rome shuttle limosine is the driver got lost taking us to our hotel.Rather than stand in line for a cab and as there are more than 2 of you a car service is the way to go in my opinion.
Sep 6th, 2005, 09:16 AM

Is there a website or e-mail address for Romeshuttle? I'll be leaving in a week for rome.
Sep 6th, 2005, 10:56 AM

www.limoservicerome.com
email is there on the front page. I've just emailed for a price quote since we will be there in October and our hotel also offers a shuttle for 60 Euro.

Sep 6th, 2005, 12:12 PM

We used limoservice Rome for our family of 4 in March 2005, and I think the price was 52 euros. It was a great service just as the folks above described.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO