Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Transport into Central London- price helps me decide!

Mar 15th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Original Poster

Have had a "conversation" with justairports this morning via e-mail. The quote I received for two people with three small checked bags, one small brief case and maybe one small sports bag- the later two carry one was L41! The fee increased from a quote on their website of L27- the L41 quote after I was asked about the luggage! This helps me decide to take the tube into London SW1 from Heathrow!
Mar 15th, 2007, 10:17 AM

Yes, with that luggage they have to use a bigger car..so it is more expensive.
Mar 15th, 2007, 10:29 AM

By the way, you can put a £ symbol in your post by typing

£

It took me some decoding to puzzle out "the later two carry one was L41!"
Mar 15th, 2007, 10:40 AM

And were they quoting you the 41 for paying cash or using a credit card? That makes a substantial difference.
Mar 15th, 2007, 10:45 AM
lyb

sorry but I think that 41£ for 2 people and all that luggage is very reasonable -- you get door to door service, no hassling with luggage through turnstyles at the tube stations, and all that comes with riding the tube with luggage.

Did you ask them about cash? As Patrick mentioned, that does make a difference, they give a discount for cash.

I used them 3 years ago and loved the convenience!
Mar 18th, 2007, 02:03 AM

If you dont have a lot of luggage take the tube, £41.00 may not be too bad but for Americans that is almost $80.00 quite a lot !!
Mar 18th, 2007, 02:46 AM

If the bags are really that small then just tell them you have two medium sized suitcases - all your luggage will fit in any car, on the back seat if necessary so be a little bit creative instead of telling them the ins and outs of your packing arrangements. I agree with others that the flexibility of having a car and driver waiting for you is priceless.
Mar 18th, 2007, 04:34 AM

I don't get the price unless they are really arranging a very large car, which from your description and only two people is NOT necessary. Or we still haven't heard if you made clear you could pay cash and they are quoting you a credit card price -- considerably more. The issue isn't that "it isn't that much", it's that it should be less. We do that trip with a lot of luggage with Swiss Cottage Cars and have yet to pay over 25 pounds from Heathrow to Covent Garden. I call them direct --011-44-207-431-2700. I suspect by this year it may now be a little higher than 25, but I'd be shocked if it is near 41.