translation please

Search

translation please

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
translation please

We are planning to rent an apartment in Honfleur, France for one week in the spring. The apartment we prefer has this phrase on its website: "forfait menage - 60 euros." Does this mean there is a MANDATORY charge of 60 euros, or does it mean we have the option of cleaning the apartment ourselves without the 60 euro fee? Thank you.
Old Jan 28th, 2005, 04:08 PM

Your question can't be answered with only the information "forfait ménage - 60 euros." If that's all the info that's given, you'll have to ask the owners.

I would be like saying "cleaning fee - $60.00" in English. You wouldn't know unless you asked.
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 01:19 AM

IMO the 60 euro is mandatory and there's no option of cleaning the apartment yourselves. If there was, it would have been stated somewhere.
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 05:28 AM
cmt

I would GUESS that it might function a little like a security deposit, but specifically applicable to cleaning/neatness matters, and that if the apt doesn't need to be cleaned and straightened up when you leave, you'd get your 60€ back. But I really don't know. It seems to me that if it were mandatory, there'd be no good reason to state it separately; the owner's cleanup costs, like other overhead, would simply be incorporated into the total amount charged for the rental.
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 09:43 AM

sounds like the typical cleaning fee tacked onto time share places, too... it is separate, no matter how long or short you stay, you add it on, but of course, the owners can clear it up.

IMO even if you leave apt. nice, you will pay .
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your input. Now I have a more complete phrasing that might help clarify my translation request: "Forfait menage de fin de sejour en option." and "Un forfait fourniture de linges de lit en option."
Again, any assistance in this will be most appreciated. Thank you
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 11:46 AM
ira

Hi im

http://ets.freetranslation.com/ says

Fixed price household end of stay in option.

A fixed price supply of bed linges in option

Old Jan 29th, 2005, 01:07 PM

"Forfait menage de fin de sejour en option." = Fixed amount for cleaning at the end of your stay optional. --> You can choose: either you clean the apt yourself or you pay the fixed amount and someone cleans it for you.
"Un forfait fourniture de linges de lit en option." = Fixed amount for supply of bedlinen optional. --> You can bring your own bedlinen or rent it from them.

Old Jan 29th, 2005, 01:42 PM

That's much clearer. As Myriam says, you can clean up yourself to their satisfaction, or pay to have it done. You can pay for linens, or bring your own.