Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Transfer Time: Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2E to 2F?

Old Jun 4th, 2017, 04:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,I have a connecting flight at CDG to Nice next sunday with just a gap of 1 hour 5 minutes...as I have 2 kids with me so I am getting a little stressed out...can someone please guide me how to reach terminal 2F from terminal 2E within that 1 hour. Any help would be highly appreciated. As my luggage will be already checked in all the way through to Nice , so do not have to collect the luggage...how long will the security check and passport check take ?

Also what will be the quickest and easiest way to reach from Terminal 2E to 2F. Need to know someone's latest personal experience.

Thanks .
Old Jun 4th, 2017, 05:02 AM

This is a tight connection. I would never book this kind of connection if I see if offered on the screen. Did you have to take this? Do mention to the flight crew on your flight to Paris about your tight connection. There is usually people from your carrier just at the gate where your plane arrives to do an express transfer for people with very tight connection. You will need an assistance.

You follow the signs to 2F. The signage is good.

However, terminal 2E is a ginormous terminal complex consisting of Hall K, L, and M. Depending on which "2E" you arrive, it can take quite a bit to reach the central passport control area in 2E.

http://www.parisaeroport.fr/en/passe.../terminals-map
Old Jun 4th, 2017, 05:59 AM

Ditto on what Greg wrote — you didn't have to accept a 65 minute connection. If getting to your new terminal requires you to take the inter-terminal train (and re-enter security), you'll never make it. And if your flight to Nice requires a bus from the gate to the plane, you'll also never make it.

To give you the best chance of making your connection, contact a Parisian limo company — they have access to a VIP airport reception service — fast-tracking you through passport control and security and ensuring you don't waste time making wrong turns. You'll be met at the jetway by a host/hostess with your name on a sign. Expensive, but it will save you frustration and possibly enable you to make your connection.

Here's one reliable company — http://www.kristyscars.com/index.php?p=accueil&lang=GB
Old Jun 4th, 2017, 06:00 AM

Be sure to follow the signs ¨correspondence¨ or connections and do not try to exit the terminal 2E with passengers who are not connecting. There will be a special Immigration and security passage for those of you connecting.

If you miss the connection, AF will book you on the next available flight which may or may not be the next scheduled flight.

There is absolutely no point to stress over this connection. You either make it or you do not.
Old Jun 4th, 2017, 01:48 PM

It would have taken less than a minute to google this:

http://easycdg.com/airport-guide/map...arlesdegaulle/

and seen what's in store for you

But sarastro is correct. You're on a through ticket, so you'll either make it not but will get to your destination.
Old Jun 4th, 2017, 05:19 PM

mankap0205

I have a similar situation as I land into CGD, from L.A., on Air France and then only have an hour and thirty-five minutes to change planes and on to Italy as I really need to arrive into Italy at the time of my scheduled Air France arrival.

I really don't like having less than 2 hours between flight changes as I've been going in and out of CDG for decades and it can be a mess. But, at least I'm not with kids and I'll be in Premium Economy, from LAX, so I can exit the plane a bit faster at CDG. But, it is what it is, and that's what I had to take in my situation as we don't always have a choice when it comes to flights times and schedules.

Good luck to you and I hope you make your connection.

Happy Travels!
Old Jun 4th, 2017, 05:31 PM

Typo Correction: "CDG"

Happy Travels!
Old Jun 4th, 2017, 05:48 PM

I don't like having less than 2 hours at CDG either, but 95 minutes isn't at all the same thing as 65 minutes. You should be able to make your connection, but it may be tight (so long as all your flights are on time).
Old Jun 4th, 2017, 06:26 PM

CDG has to be one of the most confusing airports and biggest. Always be prepared for the unexpected. Yesterday for us a prime example When flying back home got to CDG 4 hours ahead of our flight and barely had time to make a flight. They overbooked our flight so we had no seats then rerouted us to another city which took an hour then takimg tram to another hall going through security took up all of our time. So at CDG be prepared
Old Jun 4th, 2017, 10:20 PM

"doug_stallings on Jun 4, 17 at 6:48pm
I don't like having less than 2 hours at CDG either, but 95 minutes isn't at all the same thing as 65 minutes. You should be able to make your connection, but it may be tight (so long as all your flights are on time)."

I realize that 65 minutes isn't the same as 95 minutes, but the point is that it's still not very much time either way. Hopefully, I will make my connection. I've been dealing with these tight CDG connections since the 70s, but never know if I'll make them or not even when they are doable, as in at other large airports in the world, with the same amount of time to change terminals and planes.

Happy Travels!
Old Jun 5th, 2017, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all so much for your help. I shall surely keep all the points in mind and will update for sure once we are back from France .
Regards .
Old Jun 5th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Original Poster

@27again...can you please elaborate about how exactly did you make it on time to your next flight on a wheelchair...from what I have come to understand that if one of the travelers from your group ( my mom is 83 years and we have requested for a wheelchair at CDG) is in a wheelchair, then one is made to wait for all the other passengers to disembark the plane and only then one is allowed to get on the wheelchair...how do you suggest we manage to transfer from 2E to 2F a bit quicker with the kind help of the wheelchair porter ?
Thanks .
Old Jun 6th, 2017, 12:47 AM

Received 28 Likes on 4 Posts
I recently transited from 2E <i>(arrival: 8.00 am in Paris)</i> to 2F <i>(departure: 9.45 am to Touolouse)</i> on 12 May - both legs on a single AirFrance booking reference / ticket.
- Our bags were, of course, checked through
- We arrived into Hall L <i>(Terminal 2E has 3 halls - K, L, M - M being furthest away and uses a shuttle, but the airline wont confirm which of these you will arrive in advance)</i>
- We followed the signs on foot, cleared passport control & security and reached our gate at 2F, all in 20 minutes.

Clearly individual experiences can differ - our flight arrived in CDG on time, disembarkation was prompt, we were 2 adults with no real hand-luggage walking at a brisk pace <i>(it appears you have 2 kids and an older parent to deal with)</i>, this wasn't busy season being May, there were no queues at passport control and security... so there's several dependencies on making this work.

This link may be useful :
http://easycdg.com/passenger-informa...o-terminal-2f/

If you can move your second flight to a later one, that may be less stressful. If not, just take it as it goes. What's the worst case ? If you do miss the 2nd flight (assuming a single booking), the airline is obliged to put you onto the next available connection.
Old Jun 6th, 2017, 06:04 AM
Original Poster

Thanks ANUJ,your recent experience makes me feel so hopeful . Now will just do our best and leave the rest on God!
Regards .
Old Jun 7th, 2017, 06:26 PM

We had no problems either, on an Air France flight from LA - CDG - Barcelona. Arrival time on the ticket said 11:10, flight to BCN was at 12:35, so 85 minutes to connect.

You take the Navette (I think that's what it's called) train/tram, if necessary, from the outlying terminals L and M to the main terminal 2E.

Often flights arrive sooner than listed, because of the jet stream.
Old Jun 7th, 2017, 10:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Not just because of the jet stream -- don't forget that just about all airline schedules are now padded with extra time to avoid having to pay compensation for being late.
Old Jul 2nd, 2017, 03:51 AM
Original Poster

Hi everyone , I am back after a fabulous vacation in France...really thought of updating all you helpful people about my connecting flight from CDG...we missed it! Even though we tried our best to catch the flight but unfortunately our flight landed at the Hall M in terminal 2E which made it almost impossible for us to reach Terminal 2F within 45 minutes...but the good thing was that Air France was super helpful and gave us seats on the next flight which was leaving for Nice at 9:55am. So though our vacation had a little inconvenient start but from then on it carried on smoothly without even a minor hitch. A big thanks to all of you for being so helpful .
Regards .
Old Jul 2nd, 2017, 05:20 AM

you were very lucky that they had seats to give you...for me 3 hours at CDG and if I can avoid it altogether I do. Better connecting airports but not to Nice. thanks for reporting back.
Old Jul 2nd, 2017, 06:02 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Air France is very much aware that Hall M is at the ends of the earth, and it is probably a given for them that connecting passengers will not make the 'official' connection. But since each flight rolls over to the next one and just as many people will miss <b>that</b> flight for the same reason, it isn't really a problem. And there is no paucity of flights from CDG to Nice.
Old Jul 2nd, 2017, 11:17 AM

interesting business model...guess it works for them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -