- Geneva Cornavin trainstation
- Paris Gare du Nord trainstation
- Paris Gare du Loyon train station
- Paris CDG airport
- London Waterloo/Eurostar trainstation
- London Heathrow
- Amsterdam airport
- Vienna airport

Alternatively, if you have websites you can give us, about any of the above, we would really apreciate.
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome Fuimicino has walkways and a train if at the international part, I think there was a lift to the train. Rome Termini had escalators and a moving walkway too. They were pretty easy to get around.
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 02:55 AM
Bootman4U

If you are arriving at Milano Linate you shouldn't encounter any stairs, at least not inside the airport. Milano Centrale has escalators. Amsterdam Schiphol has escalators and moving ramps (which accommodate luggage carriers).
I suggest you use Google or another search engine to check out the websites..a lot easier than waiting for the information here.

Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:57 AM

Rome airport large and we really had to run from one plane to the other. We did have our luggage with us and there were not stair problems. We were moving too fast for pickpockets there. The train station in Rome did not encounter any crime problems. We were in an out of that train station about 4 times and had our luggage with us.
Paris CDG no problem except it is a very confusing airport and the phone system gave us problems. The Paris Metro system does have pickpockets and lots of stairs.
Amsterdam is easy to get around and the train station to the city is connected. The train station in downtown Amsterdam has pickpockets and I was by myself, felted very uneasy lots of groups of men in the station they seemed to surrounding me when I was alone reading, I went in a resturant to wait for my husband. I also got approched by a beggar there on one of our other trips.
On a long lay over in Naples, my husband and I waited in the McDonalds with all our luggage and felt very safe, we also enjoyed a soda with ice and a small real hamburger. The Naples station was scarey Maybe it was because all the things we read about the station. Resturants do give you more security.
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:08 AM

I have been through about 1/2 the places on your list. Not a lot of unavoidable stairs in any of them - but most are large, crwoded and involve a LOT of walking.
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:12 AM
Bootman4U

You can dispense with the "pickpocket issue" if you use a moneybelt...I'm not convinced those were pickpockets haning around Judya....I suspect those men may have had other ideas in mind. Roma Termini is absolutely notorious for pickpockets but when we were in Rome last month I always wore a moneybelt, especially when rolling through the train station and it was a non-issue.

Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:46 AM

Nathan: We have found the following site helpful with needed airport info:

http://www.worldairportguide.com/airport.asp

Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:57 AM

Surely all major airports and train stations in Europe have wheelchair accessiblity, i.e., a way to get there without stairs? You might have to seek it out, it might be an elevator in an out of the way corner, but I bet it's there somewhere.
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:24 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
At Geneva the train station and the airport are side by side, in connecting buildings. I don't remember stairs between the two. There are free luggage carts in the airport portion.
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 06:30 PM
Original Poster

thanks all for your helpful tips.
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 07:28 PM

I liked the Rome airport, but we did have some humorous experiences there with a couple of "helpful" gypsies, who offered unsolicited help and then demanded outrageous "tips." One was a pleasant young woman we assumed to be a fellow traveler, who volunteered to help us get our 2 carry-on-type bags on the train and, amid our shower of profuse thanks, then demanded a 5 euro tip from each of us. Talk about suckered! We decided her help was worth 1 euro each and when she tried to insist on more, told her to scram.

It's all part of the experience and the memories!