Trains at Trastevere Station

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am wanting to know if I can get a train into Travestere from FMC and if I can get a train
to Naples from there as well. If so, the name of a good cheap hotel near the station would also be appreciated. And a similar hotel, fairly safe, near the station in Napoli for an overnight weekend visit.
Old May 7th, 2009, 10:25 AM

What is FMC?
Old May 7th, 2009, 10:42 AM

I think the OP means FCO...

Trains to Naples leave from Roma Termini. Good cheap hotels are far more numerous around Termini than they are around Roma Trastevere.
Old May 8th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Original Poster

yes, sorry I meant FCO. I am staying in Trastevere, so it would be easier to come from the airport to that station and later go to Napoli and come back rather than shlepping my bags over to Termini if that is possible. Anyone know? Actually I would like to know if I can take
a train to Trastevere from the airport for starters. Thanks
Old May 8th, 2009, 03:11 PM

The local train F1 goes from the airport to Trastevere station. It is on the track opposite the Leonardo express which goes to the termini. The Trastevere station is quite far away from the central historic area. Where are you staying in Trastevere?
Old May 8th, 2009, 07:52 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
The train from FCO to Trastevere runs every 15 minutes and cost is 5.50€. To catch a train to Naples, you will need to go to Termini. You can catch a train from Trastevere to Termini and travel time is about 15 minutes. For schedules/prices enter a date within 7 days. For FCO, you must enter Fiumicino Aeroporto and Roma Trastevere - Roma Termini for the other stations .
http://www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/inde...0080a3e90aRCRD
Old May 9th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Original Poster

thanks. I am staying in Trastevere at the Ripa Hotel. It sounds like the local from FCO to Trastevere will be slow buy cheap. Is there a better way to get into town that would cost
less than the Leonardo express and then a taxi to my hotel and still be fairly quick.

I am going to go to Napoli for the weekend before leaving so a hotel around Termini sounds like the deal. I just want to stay overnight before going to FCO the next morning. Any suggestions for an inexpensive nice hotel near Termini?

I know it is supposed to be sketchy around the station in Napoli but how bad is it really? I am thinking it would make sense to get a hotel nearby so I don't have to deal my suitcase on the bus, haul it for blocks or pay for a cab. I could just check in, dump the bag, and go see Napoli. Is the area just "don't be stupid kind of rough" or is it outright dangerous at night?

Much obliged.
Old May 9th, 2009, 06:14 AM

For heaven's sake, the FR1 to Trastevere takes 26 minutes, less than the Leonardo Express to Termini!
Old May 9th, 2009, 06:20 AM

For a cheap clean place near Termini I have stayed at Hotel Maryelen or sometimes it is called Casa di Maryelen. Located about 3 blocks from the station. Cost is around 95E per nite for a double. I was pleasantly surprised how nice it was and the owner is very helpful as well. (Of course I don't know what your definition of cheap is.)
Old May 10th, 2009, 04:16 AM

The options from the airport are one of the two trains or a shuttle service or a taxi. As Zerlina says the F1 train ride to Trastevere is not long and it will take you closer to your hotel than the Leonardo Express will. From the train station you can get a taxi or take the tram for a few stops
There are lots of threads describing the shuttle service options.
Old May 10th, 2009, 05:19 AM

I love that train to Trastevere. Not only is it faster than the Leonardo express but it is generally uncrowded -- indeed almost empty for the first few stops, unlike the Leonardo train.

From Trastevere station....well, for that info I have relied on the info on the Ripa hotel's own website!!! It's all there!

"FROM TRASTEVERE STATION:
Trastevere railway station is 10 minutes walk from the hotel or few stops of tram 3 or 8 (right direction); get out at the third stop.
Turn right on Piazza Bernardino da Feltre and follow Via degli Orti di Trastevere, after 20 metres Ripa Hotel is on your left."

In other words take the tram heading in the north-easterly direction -- heading to your right, in other words -- at the exit from the station.
You need to traverse a largeish station plaza but you do not need to cross the busy boulevard. The tram stop is on the left.
Old May 10th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Original Poster

Grazie tanto. Any thoughts on how rough it really is around the train station in Napoli
especially at night?