I am a student who is about to embark on a backpacking journey across England and Europe. I have purchased an Global Eurail pass, but looking at the map you can only travel with it to bigger city's. I want to explore small towns, see attractions that are not on the route. Is there such a thing as smaller rails or a good bus service? Does Eurail provide smaller trains within countries? Or would I I have to buy bus passes/ train passes (provided they exist) and how much would they cost? Thanks so much! all help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 2 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 3 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 4 Paris November 2017
- 5 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 6 ICELAND in February
- 7 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 8 The World's Greatest Churches
- 9 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 10 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 11 11-12 nights in Portugal
- 12 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 13 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 14 paris to london- day trip
- 15 10 days in Portugal
- 16 My France Vacation
- 17 Malaga Christmas lights
- 18 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 19 GTG Paris December 2017
- 20 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 21 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 22 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 23 Driving
- 24 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 25 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg