My fiance and I will be travelling from Venice to Cinque Terre (Monterosso) on August 29th, and are trying to decide if we should book our train ticket ahead. I see there are a couple route options, I lean towards the 2 leg route via Milan, and know that we can buy the regional train ticket at the station. As for the high speed train from Venice to Milan - must we book ahead?
Lastly, if we wanted to see Verona would it be doable to take a regional train from Venice to Verona, stop for lunch, then continue on to CT? Or would that significantly increase travel time and complicate matters?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GTG Paris December 2017
- 2 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 3 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 4 Christmas Markets 2017
- 5 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 6 Budget trip
- 7 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 8 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 9 Driving
- 10 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 11 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 12 Algarve Town Selection
- 13 Tips for first trip to UK
- 14 paris to london- day trip
- 15 Browsing Barcelona
- 16 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 17 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 18 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 19 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 20 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 21 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 22 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 23 Portugal
- 24 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 25 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia