Reload this Page >

Train to Bath from London

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 03:51 PM
Alex

How much can I expect to pay for a cheap return day ticket to Bath from London? Do I have to purchase these in advance or can I get them at Paddington the day of departure? I've been scouring the net for prices to see if we can afford this or not.

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 03:59 PM
Marie

Go to www.raileurope.net or com and go to point to point pricing. You should get the pricing and schedules.

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 04:14 PM
Alex

That site said $54 one way from London to Bath second class. There are about $39 in fees, but I'm not sure if those are included or not. $54 seems pretty high for an 1:15 train ride.

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 05:44 PM
Alex

bump

Old Feb 16th, 2000, 03:17 AM
Judy

Try the following web address: <BR>http://www.thetrainline.com/. A day return ticket should be much less than $54 one way.

Old Feb 16th, 2000, 04:44 AM
Erin

The train that goes from London (Paddington Station) to Bath is Great Western rail (www.great-western-trains.co.uk). The ride takes about 90 minutes. They offer discounted fares if you can buy your tickets the day before you travel. In March 1999, my advance purchase day return ticket cost £24.50 ($43). The price for same day travel was £38. Good Luck!

Old Feb 16th, 2000, 05:54 AM
Bill Irving

This past June, we took a day trip from London to Bath & return. We got a family special(for 2 adult & 2 children)which we purchased at Euston Station(it was more convenient to our hotel) 2 days before we went to Bath. I don't remember the exact cost, but I think it cost us about $100 round trip. The service rep at the ticket window offered up the least expensive tickets for us to get there. So make sure you ask when you purchase the tickets. <BR> <BR>Also a sideline: We went to Bath on a Sunday. It was really hopping then. Had no problems getting to Bath & getting around Bath or getting into any of the attractions, & had no problems getting on the train back to London, but that train back to London was full & we had to stand for atleast 45 minutes, before we got a seat. That seemed like an eternity after walking all day around Bath & having very tired legs, but the trip was still worth. Both the kids - boys 8 & 12 years old, really liked Bath.