Reload this Page >

Hotel in Colmar?

Search

Hotel in Colmar?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2000, 06:04 PM
Patrick

Hotel in Colmar?

Staying one night in Colmar, France this summer. Any hotel recommendations? Have checked with Hotel le Marechal, but all they seem to offer us is two single rooms each <BR>with a "french bed", which i always thought was like a double, but they list is as the bed in a single room. The only double room they offer is a room with a "french bed" and a single bed. What are they talking about??? There are only two of us, but didn't plan to get two single rooms. Any other quaint and charming hotels on Little Venise??? Also, a good restaurant recommendation in the heart of the town?? <BR>

Old Feb 14th, 2000, 09:26 PM
Tom

Also traveling to Colmar area in late May looking for B & B accomodations. Any recommendations?

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 03:39 AM
Denise

I too am interested in the accommodation in this area. Also can someone tell me where in relation to Colmar are the monkeys in the forest? <BR>

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 07:04 AM
Richard

We were in Colamr in January of 1999, using as our base for a tour of the Route des Vins d'Alsace. We stayed at the Hotel Bristol, directly across from the rail station, a nice part of town. It is affiliated with Best Western and you can make reservations here in the US through Best Western. It's an easy walk to the town center, a restaurant we liked was the Restaurant Bartholdi at 2, rue de Boulangers, in the old part of town.

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 02:34 PM
Ellen

I am also scoping out the area and came across the web site www. alsanet.com. <BR> <BR>Other sites I bookmarked for future reference are: <BR>www.rapp-hotel.com <BR>www.beausejour.fr <BR>www.logis-de-france.fr <BR>Just gorgeous hotels are listed! <BR> <BR>If these links don't work, e-mail me directly and I'll forward them to you again! <BR>Ellen

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 05:20 PM
lina

I stayed at the Hotel Rapp several years ago and it was fine and very reasonable (I think about $60 for a double). It has a lot of character and a wonderful location right on the edge of the old town and pedestrian zone. The room was quite small and oddly furnished, but comfortable. The breakfast buffet was fabulous and definitely worth the extra expense.

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 05:45 PM
Jolene

check this website for the Alsace region including Colmar. You can connect to various villages and hotels/ restaurants through this site. <BR>http://www.visit-alsace.com/colmar/index.html

Old Feb 16th, 2000, 06:55 AM
Kevin

I would have to second the recommendation of Hotel Le Rapp. This is a wonderful hotel with a fantastic diningroom to boot! I first found out about it thru Rick Steves guide to France, Belgium and Holland. Check it out.