Search

Train Tickets

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2004, 03:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Train Tickets

I tried TRENITALIA 's website(http://www.trenitalia.it) to buy tickets from Rome to Venice...i got a price for "ticketless", but since i dont read italian, i am wondering if the price includes reservation for the seat as well as the ride. i've heard you have to buy both. but that option doesnt come up on the site.

also, is the price on the trenitalia website, the same as buying it in rome?

thanks

spunge411
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 04:11 PM

The seat reservation is included on ES trains, but not on IC trains. If you are going to ride on an IC train I would suggest making seat reservations, it eliminates alot of angst.

The price on the website is the price.

Buon viaggio!!!
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 04:17 PM
Original Poster

thanks mmr41.

do u know how the ticketless thing works? do u just take my credit card? for ES... dont i have to pick up the tickets? where? its all in italian..and the english site doesnt work
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 04:20 PM

Use this Trenitalia site for English:

http://www.trenitalia.com/home/en/
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 04:23 PM
Original Poster

i did go to that site... thats the one that doesnt work to "buy" tickets
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 05:11 PM

I just purchased tickets for this same route a week ago. I printed out the confirmation and I am to take it to the train station and present it to someone on board the train. I will double check exactly what it says with my hotel in Rome. I was provided with seat assignments and the price on the website did include the ES reservation fee.
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 05:39 PM
Original Poster

hey jewel, when are you going to rome?or when are you taking the train trip? can u tell me how it all wroks out, by posting it on here? you purchased it from the italian site, correct?
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 06:51 PM

I first registered at the trenitalia site. They then sent me a password. I returned to there site and clicked on the promo on the upper right corner. It's the promo for Saturday travel. It took me to where I needed to plug in where I was leaving from and where I was going and at what time. The next page will last your choices. Click on the number you want. It will then just show your selection. Click on acquista. The fares will be listed to purchase. If you will be traveling on a Saturday there is a place right below the cost that says "promozioni". A list of the promotions will be shown and you choose which one you want. The Saturday promotion for my date(march 23) appears to be sold out already because it is not showing up. If you could let me know your dates I could try and check for you if you can't get it figured out. The trenitalia site isn't always up and running. Keep trying.
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 08:04 PM
Original Poster

thanks alot. i am looking at APR 05, the 8:55 ES rome to Venice, 3 adults and 1 child. i noticed there's no child fare there. do they have child fares?
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 05:43 AM
ira

Hi spung,

They have family (2adults 1 child) discounts.

At the Italian language site, enter your cities and date.

When the schedule comes up, choose "acquista"

Click "promozioni"

On "offerta famiglia" click 3.
A little box will come up, click "OK".

On "intera" click 1

Click "acquista"

Choose your seats.

Choose "ticketless"

Click "avanti"

Insert your User ID and Password.

Click "avanti"

You will get a confirmation to print out. Take this to a train station along with the *same* credit card to get your tickets.

Enjoy your trip.
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 08:00 AM
Original Poster

ira!!! thanks so much for your help. let me just ask a question. i would then have to buy a seperate adult ticket...correct? so sitting together may be a problem. is there a way to do it where i can buy the family special and an extra adult ticket?

spunge411
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 09:52 AM
Original Poster

i purchased the tickets...i think.. well, i got an email saying "Le confermiamo che l'acquisto del viaggio da Lei richiesto e' stato concluso con successo.
Nel ringraziarLa per aver scelto Trenitalia.com Le forniamo qui di seguito i dati relativi al suo acquisto."

Does that confirm that the sale went thru?

can someone please translate this?

Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 11:52 AM

Congratulations on getting it figured out! I took what you typed and copied it to a website called freetranslation.com(I got it from another poster). This is what it said when translated:

We confirm them that the purchase of the journey from You asked for is been concluded with success. In the to thank the to have choice Trenitalia. com we supply Them here of I continue the relevant data to its purchase