Train Ticketing Service

Search

Train Ticketing Service

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Train Ticketing Service

Can anyone recommend a service that will make my train reservations for me? I absolutely do not have time to do it myself and I would gladly pay a service to do it for me.Grazie
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 06:05 PM

I believe that raileurope.com will do this for you. You have to pay, though.
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 07:04 PM

I know of three websites where you can purchase Italian rail tickets in advance of your trip. All of them charge an extra $15, but this fee includes shipment of the tickets to your home. www.eurorailways.com (select Italian Tickets, then select Point to Point), www.raileurope.com (select Train Tickets and Schedules), and www.italiarail.com (select City to City Tickets).
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 07:09 PM

The one that I recall being highly recommended was BETS:

http://www.budgeteuropetravel.com/

If you type "BETS" into the forum search, and then read threads with 'train' or 'rail' or 'tickets' in the title, you'll see that they are well-known.
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 07:43 PM

Try Euraide.com. They buy tickets and reservations in Europe at the lowest prices and send them over here. They charge $50 for the service, but don't mark up the ticket prices. Can't say that for RailEurope.

The provide a good service for ticket buying, but don't ask them for advice, In my opinion, they will tell you to do whatever makes the most money for them.
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 08:46 PM

you guys answered a question I just posted. The site at SNFC is not an easy one. I have been trying for two days or so to get our tickets, I used Rail Europe last year, the prices just seem so high.
Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 06:33 AM

Larry: What's the deal on Euraide in Munich - last month i noticed their office in Hauptbahnhof that had been there for years was vacant

Have they moved, gone out of business or was i mistaken - but i looked in the area they were at for years.

Just curious - see their web service is still up

There were in Berlin station once too???
Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 06:10 PM

PalenQ, I don't know what happened to them. They were there in October.
Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 08:38 AM

PalenQ, when I found the Euraide office in October it was located in the inner hallway that's perpendicular to the tracks, behind the Reisezentrum. There website shows a map with the office adjacent to track 11. So, either they moved before October, haven't change the info on their website, and I was at their new location, or they have moved since, and are now out by the tracks.

Where did you look for them?
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 07:23 AM

Larry

I did not search the station

But i did look exactly at the location they have been at so long

on the far right end of the station when coming out of the platforms (north side i would say) - in an office in the wall there

i saw no sign of anything there.

I'm not clear where you say you saw them but it appears not where i looked for them

I think you say if i headed straight out from the middle platforms then yes i know the Travel Center and behind there - i'll look next time.

Thanks as always
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 11:04 AM

>>on the far right end of the station when coming out of the platforms (north side i would say)

That's the left side of the station when looking out at the tracks from the connecting platform, right? That's the south side. The S-Bahn station is on the north side. They're no longer there.

Across the connecting platform from the tracks are the Reisezentrum and some hallways with lockers. They are now (in October, anyway) in the hallway behind that.
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 11:16 AM

PalQ,

go to the MVV website, www.mvv-muenchen.de. Under "Pläne", click "Umgebungspläne", then "Schnellbahnnetzplan". That gives you what looks like the normal S-/U-Bahn map of Munich, but each station name is a link to the plans of that station (I think I'm giving away trade secrets here). Click on the Hauptbahnhof, and you get pdf map of the station. It shows the Euraide office where I found it in October.

Funny. MVV can upgrade their map, but Alan can't.
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 12:24 PM

bkmk
Old Mar 30th, 2008, 06:23 AM

Larry - thanks - looks like Euraide is still in the station i'd say

just to say i errored when i said the north side - Euraide used to be on the far south side - the opposite side anyway of what i call the northside, the Starnberger Bahnhof side

thanks