Reload this Page >

train seats reservation

Search

train seats reservation

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11th, 2000, 07:23 AM
mast

train seats reservation

we intend to take a night train from munich to berlin, can we make reservation in advance from other town? will there be any surcharge? <BR> <BR>thanks, <BR> <BR>mast

Old Jun 11th, 2000, 09:54 PM
Tony

Yes you can reserve in different towns. Any surcharge will depend on what you select, Sleeper, Couchette of Seat only if available. Even the dearest surcharges are usually cheaper than a night in a hotel.

Old Jun 12th, 2000, 01:04 AM
mast

<BR>Thanks Tony. <BR>I understand that sometimes there will be special fare available, can we still enjoy this type of discount if we book in advance? also, is changes of dates possible? <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 12th, 2000, 05:34 AM
Myriam

If you want to take one of the the night trains you need to make reservations in advance. As to the German Rail website (www.bahn.de), these tickets can only be bought in the railway stations or in travel agencies. Tickets cannot be bought on the train or on-line via the Internet. You can easily find time tables and prepare your trip. <BR> <BR>Two examples: <BR>1) train leaving München at 19.27 - arriving Berlin Zoolg. Garten at 06.36 <BR>2) train leaving München at 23.06 - arriving Berlin Charlottenburg at 06.47 <BR> <BR>The German railways have indeed special rates like Sparpreis (saving) or even Super Sparpreis (super saving), very interesting when you travel with 2 or more persons (2nd person travels at 1/2 price). Of course there are restrictions for these tickets and I doubt these will be valid on the night trains. <BR>If you can understand German, the German rail website provides very good information. If you cannot understand, I will gladly help you. <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 13th, 2000, 01:04 AM
mast

<BR>Thanks to all of you for the info. <BR>will we get the tickets once we book them or must we collect from the station of departure?

Old Jun 13th, 2000, 04:48 AM
Myriam

You will get the tickets once you book them. They print them out immediately, at least this was the procedure when I bought mine last week. You may have to queue for some time! <BR>