What about taxis in Paris?

Jun 12th, 2000, 04:05 PM
Pam

What about taxis in Paris?

I'm afraid my first post wasn't very clear. I'm interested in the routine for taxis in Paris.

Jun 12th, 2000, 08:17 PM
Audrey

Pam,
I have a little experience with taxis in Paris but I don't understand what you are asking. Could you clarify?
Audrey

Jun 13th, 2000, 03:53 AM
Bob

Normally you do not flag down a cab in Paris. What you do is look for a cab stand. Look for a blue sign with a taxi pictured on it, taxis will park there waiting for a fare. If your leaving for the airport then let the hotel know the day before that you need a cab and at what time.

Jun 13th, 2000, 04:22 AM
elaine

I'll add this
A taxi is occupied if its small orange light is on, and it is off-duty if it has no light on. There are additional charges for luggage, and night trips. Most taxis won't take more than three passengers. Larger taxis have higher charges. If your hotel calls one for you, there is a surcharge on the fare. Tip 10-15% or whatever you like.

Jun 13th, 2000, 05:11 AM
Debi

As a previous poster said, there are taxi stands all around Paris. A couple times, we had run out of steam and were able to flag a cab down - but it was probably near a taxi stand we didn't see. The neatest thing about taxis in Paris (we were there 2 years ago), is that I have never seen so many Mercedes in my life as cabs!! It was amazing to have your cab be a VERY nice car.