Train reservations?

Nov 8th, 2002, 11:28 AM
Laura

Train reservations?

Hi, does anyone know if you need train
reservations for travel a day or two before/after Christmas or New Year's. Also, Eurail passes. Are they worth it, or should I take my chances buying tickets on day of travel. Thanks!

Nov 8th, 2002, 11:31 AM
ray

How about some additional information about what youm are asking.

Can't off a solution until we have the particulars

Nov 8th, 2002, 11:38 AM
xxx

If you are only going 5 miles on one train, then the answer to your question about railpasses being worth it is obviously no. How can anyone possibly answer your question without even some basic facts.
Also I doubt that you'll need a reservation to go from central Lyon to a suburb 3 miles out two days before Christmas. IS that what you're asking?

Nov 8th, 2002, 01:22 PM
laura

Sorry that I was not specific enough. Not too much experience in a travel forum.

Would you recommend train reservations for Dec 23 or 24 to Paris from Germany(probably Munich). Also, from southern Germany to Prague on Dec 30?

Trekking through Germany, Austria, Prague, and Paris. Is a rail pass the way to go or would buying tickets at departure times be the thing to do.

Thanks

Nov 8th, 2002, 01:29 PM
Ben Haines

You need reservations at those dates, but on your first day in Europe main ststions in cities will sell you reservations for your whole journey

Ben Haines, London

Nov 8th, 2002, 01:50 PM
Rex

Probably too late to ask, but why so much train travel? From Munich to Paris on Dec 32? and then return to "southern Germany" to go from there to Prague on Dec 30?

Any reason you aren't traveling from Paris TO Munich as the first portion of your trip?

If you were visiting the US, would you travel from Atlanta to Kansas City, and then back to Atlanta, and then to Philadelphia? by train?

I fear that you have already locked yourself into these plans by virtue of air travel, or family commitments or something.

These are prett darn long distances!

Maybe there is still time for you to re-think the plans.

Best wishes,

Rex