train paris cdg to rotterdam

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 10:23 AM
karen

train paris cdg to rotterdam

are there trains which run from CDG airport to rotterdam. The only one i have found leave from paris - nord station??? - need to fly into cdg and leave from cdg - unless nord is easily accessed<BR>thanks in advance

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 02:25 PM
Greg

Karen,<BR><BR>You will probably need to shuttle over to Gard Nord from CDG and back upon your return. Its looks like there is a train directly from CDG to Gard Nord. Hope this helps. Have a good trip.<BR><BR>Greg<BR>

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 02:56 PM
Ben Haines

The reference library of a city near you may have the Thomas Cook Euiopean Timetable. Tables 11 and 18 have your trains.<BR><BR>You've a choice, depending on when you finish collecting your bags at the airport. You may, indeed, go into Paris, to Paris Nord station, and take a Thalys train to Amsterdam. They leave Paris Gare du Nord at 0655 and hourly, sometimes with a change to a normal, non-Thalys, train at Brussels Gare du Nord. But also, at 0743, 0839, 1034, 1230, and so on trains leave C de G station direct for Brussels Midi, where you change to the next train for Amsterdam.<BR><BR>Please write if I can help fuirther. Welcome to Europe.<BR><BR>Ben Haines, London<BR><BR><BR>

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 05:17 PM
Frank

Karen,<BR> I studied in France a few years ago and I had to take a train from Paris to Rotterdam. What you need to do is when you fly into Paris in the morning, you need to take the RER into Gare du Nord. You will arrive at the lower level of Paris Nord and you will need to go where the normal SNCF trains are on the upper level. At about 13:00 or 14:00 there is a train that goes to Rotterdam via Brussels. No, you do not have to get off the train in Brussels. Just make sure that you are in the forward part of the train and that will end up in Rotterdam station. The trip is about six to seven hours long. <BR> The trip from CDG to Nord is not that long. You will catch an airport shuttle bus which will take you to the RER station. I think that Nord is about seven or eight stops down. This ride should be no more than a half hour. <BR>Good luck in your trip. It is not that hard. Even I accomplished it.

Old Dec 1st, 2001, 01:34 AM
BTilke

I'm not so sure about going into the Gare du Nord. I think it would be less stressful (considering jet lag, luggage, etc.), to simply take a Thalys from CDG to Brussels Gare du Midi and then change there either to a regular Amsterdam bound train stopping in Rotterdam or to another Thalys. Less mucking about with suitcases, and the Brussels train station is pretty easy to manage. If you decide to take a non-Thalys train up to Rotterdam, I strongly suggest a first class ticket. Second class gets VERY crowded and with your luggage...<BR>FYI, the nonThalys trains are not much slower than the Thalys on the Brussels to Amsterdam route (too many stops) but the Thalys is more comfortable, especially in first class. <BR>BTilke (Brussels)