Reload this Page >

Train lines/routes

Search

Train lines/routes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 09:13 PM
Mike Coote

Train lines/routes

Is there any easily accessible web site where all the current train lines in Spain are provided? I think the Eurorail site doesn't list all the lines. <BR> <BR>I was surprised to note Fodor's 2000 Spain didn't seem to have such a map. <BR> <BR>Thanking you in anticicipation, <BR>Mike Coote.

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 10:57 PM
Phil

Mike: <BR> <BR>You might try the Spanish National railways' English website at: <BR> <BR>http://www.renfe.es/ingles/index.html <BR> <BR>I have no experience with that site, though, as I didn't need (or rather wasn't able) to use the Spanish railway system recently. <BR> <BR>Enjoy your trip <BR> <BR>Phil.

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 02:58 AM
Myer

The above site is great. I've been planning a Spain trip. The train system is divided into 3: Long distance, regional and computer. <BR>You get used to which is required bases on the distance and city-city trip. <BR>Select the one required on the right side. <BR>

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 01:51 PM
Karen

I just got back from Spain last friday and did all my travelling by train. www.renfe.es is the best way to go. I planned all of my five long distance train trips thanks to this website. Just fill the blanks with a city of origin, destination and date. Don't bother with Eurorail, they overcharge and don't have all the train routes. I advice you to explore the website, decide on the dates you want to travel and then make phone reservations the day before you get there and pick up the tickets when you arrive. I'd be happy to answer any questions. Enjoy Spain!

Old Aug 15th, 2001, 08:14 AM
rudy

I printed some of the train schedules for some of the legs I want and noticed the end date of Sept 29. Does this mean a new schedule will be posted for the rest of the year ? or am I not reading the schedule correctly from the renfe site?

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 11:04 AM
Karen

This information will be updated before September. If you need to know when, give renfe a call so you can check again later on.

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 05:41 PM
CathyM

I just checked and the site has been updated for October!