Train from Florence to Nice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23rd, 2023, 07:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bonjour Hi, can somebody help us ? We bought a train ticket from Florence to Vintimiglia and Nice. The first change of train is in Genoa. Because a change of itinerary we would rather take the train in Pise, I asked Trainline to change train station on the ticket(same day and same train) but they refused and are asking to buy another ticket for Pise to Genoa....... ,Do somebody know what does happen if we do not change the ticket and just take it in PIse...?? merci in advance!
Old Jul 23rd, 2023, 09:21 AM

All depends on the train you booked. If it's 8588 (the ohnly direct Genoa bound train from Florence), you can just board it at Pisa, as your ticket is valid via Pisa anyway.
There may just be a very very small risk that your seat could be occupied in the case the train crew would have resold it to people who boarded the train at Firenze Campo di Marte without valid reservation.
But frankly, I don't think that such a thing would happen.
Old Jul 23rd, 2023, 09:58 AM
Original Poster

Merci, many thanks.... for your help!
Old Jul 23rd, 2023, 11:18 AM

Il n'y a pas de quoi. Bon voyage.
Et n'oublliez pas de changer de train à Gênes Piazza Principe (deuxième gare, la première étant Brignole).

You're welcome. Have a good trip.
And don't forget to change trains at Genoa Piazza Principe (second station) the first being Brignole.

Last edited by Moderator1; Jul 23rd, 2023 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Provided English translation. Fodors is an English language site
Old Jul 23rd, 2023, 12:51 PM
Original Poster

encore merci ! Dites moi savez-vous si en Italie ca prend en plus d'un permis de conduire du Québec un permis de conduire international? les sites sont vraiment nébuleux et ne disent pas tous la même chose!

thanks again! Tell me do you know if in Italy it takes in addition to a Quebec driver's license an international driver's license? the sites are really nebulous and do not all say the same thing!

Last edited by Moderator1; Jul 23rd, 2023 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Provided English translation. Fodors is an English language site
Old Jul 23rd, 2023, 07:10 PM

The ticket controller is going to wonder why they missed you when they checked initially. In Italy I'm fairly sure you need an IDP. In France maybe not.

Old Jul 28th, 2023, 06:44 PM

Re IDP. I agree with Nick, it is almost certain that you will need an IDP even if the car rental company doesn’t ask for it. They are not expensive so I would get one for peace of mind. I also spotted this site which covers drivers with Canadian licences and requirements internationally which supports that.
https://www.internationaldrivinginst...20car%20groups).

Last edited by uktravelover; Jul 28th, 2023 at 06:46 PM.
Old Jul 29th, 2023, 07:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
The IDP is only necessary for purposes of translating your driver's license information when renting a car in a country with a different language. At least that's what the Southern California Auto Club told me 10 years ago when I got one (for perhaps the second time). That was for driving in France. My recollection is they didn't bother to look at it. Never needed it for the UK, never even thought about getting one for the UK, and I've rented a car there countless times.

So, in your case, your license would probably be in French and English, so best to bring an IDP to rent a car in Italy.
Old Jul 29th, 2023, 04:01 PM

The IDP is a standard form with standard definitions.

Europe uses A,B and C licenses. Most car drivers have a B. Unless things have changed Canada would be a G. Telling a European police officer you have a G license is not going to work.