Search

Train from Eze

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Train from Eze

Hi,
Does anyone know if there is a train station in Eze France? Trying to go from Eze to Milan via train without going back into Nice.
Thanks
Dolores
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 12:18 PM

I'm no expert but I looked on www.raileurope.com and it shows a station in Eze and you change trains in MonteCarlo before the 4.5 hr ride to Milan.
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 12:20 PM

You can't get a train exactly from Eze (hilltop) but you can get a train from Eze-sur-Mer (bottom of the hill). Depending on the season, there's bus transportation from Eze to the bottom, if I recall. The walking path to the bottom certainly isn't arduous.
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 12:21 PM

Yes, as far as I remember there is Eze-Mer station. But it's a small station that I doubt long distance trains for Milano stop there. Also it's Mer (sea - beach level)station and not Eze-Village (up on the corniche), I wonder if it is practical for you. Depending on your situation, it may even be better to take your train in Nice, even if that means you have to back track to Nice but again it really depends on your situation.
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 12:21 PM

plus I just typed in Eze France on a yahoo search and got some info...you might want to try searching or going on rail websites.

http://www.eze-riviera.com/emotions/.../ang/train.htm
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 12:27 PM

There is a bus line that links Eze-village (up on the corniche)and Monaco. 4 weeks ago when was at Eze-village I saw some Americans take it back to Monaco in the evening. I don't remember the number though. If you go to Nice airport's web site, you can find a link for the bus lines of the area.
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 12:28 PM

There is a train station about a 1000 steps below Eze, on the sea, but the best way to Milan from Eze i believe would be to take the frequent buses to Monte Carlo along the dramatic Corniche road and then you'd get direct trains from there to Milan - but only a few a day go direct and you may have to change at Ventimiglia, at the Italian border, taking local trains there. But a few a day go direct Nice-Monte Carlo- Milan - the so-called Riviera trains which have a Byzantine pricing structure with some very low advance purchase fares (even RailEurope has some $25 fares or so on this route). www.voyages-sncf.com for fares in euros and look for discounted fares on the site.

If you want to go down to Eze station by taxi then you could hop the local train from there to Monte Carlo.
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 12:29 PM

Forgot to say, I mentioned bus line Monaco / Eze-village above because of sandy's mention of taking a train for Milano in Monte Carlo.
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 12:35 PM

FYI, in spring, downhill from Eze to the Eze-sur-Mer station took us 15 minutes (give or take 5) by walking path. Frequent trains to Monte Carlo or Nice, where you can get direct to Milan.

Another FYI--going UP is not 15 minutes for the average person.
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 01:12 PM

The path, which i climbed once in hot August sun, is actually a series of stairs - at least one i took and it's called the Neitsche (sp?) path because the philosopher used to trek up and down it when he stayed in the Eze area.
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 02:29 PM

Ok, the correct name is Eze-Bord-de-Mer, that's the name of the railway station too.

Yes, that's Nietzsche's Path.

Josephina, 15 minutes down hill? That's very optimistic or you must have run down. Officeially it was written like 45/60 min.walk. I am a quick walker but it still took me nearly half hour. In anu case, yetep, it is not a paved road, some times a bit steep and it's more for hike-walk with good shoes so don't think of walking down this path with your luggage.
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 03:01 PM

<so don't think of walking down this path with your luggage>

no - this is a rugged hike like Kappa says - down can be just as taxing as going up due to braking. A nice path, a gorgeous path to hike down if you have time and go to the fine sea but not with any luggage.
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all for the information.