Reload this Page >

Train from Amsterdam to Cologne

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 04:46 PM
Rich

I am trying to get a train ticket from Amsterdam to Cologne. The train prices I gotfrom the internet range from about $200 roundtrip to about $600. Has anyone used Die Bahn from Amsterdam to Cologne and does anyone know an easy way to get tickets?

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 05:28 PM
CharlieB

Rich - don't know where you got your pricing but Raileurope quotes $48 (2nd class)one way to Cologne on ICE. I would buy your tickets in Amsterdam and avoid the outrageous mark-up.

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 06:40 PM
Alice

We landed at Schiphol and bought our tickets for Amsterdam-Brussels, and Brussels-Paris, at the train station right there in the terminal. This was two days in advance, in October.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:12 AM
Hilary

Hope this isn't too late. We got our tickets to Cologne, from AMS at Centraal Station. There is an international ticket section to the left when you enter. My husband and I had to go first class because second was sold out, possibly because it was the last few days of the Christmas markets. It cost us $147 Euro RT total. Our only problem was that someone "offed" themselves on the tracks on the way home. We were delayed about 7 hours. We sat in a train station forever, thankfully, we were in first class!!!

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:45 AM
adam

You can buy discounted round trip tickets from Amsterdam to Cologne. "Apex 14 Super Return" or "Apex 7 Super Return". Go to www.ns.nl, click on English and International, select "Singles and returns" under Tickets. You can also order tickets there.