Train from Amsterdam-Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all- brand new to this forum. Bringing my son to AMS for spring break, want to train AMS-Paris-AMS . Only doing the one train trip for 2 days- is it beter to buy tickets at Centraal Station or ahead of time..or a pass? Danke..DanoMsp
Old Feb 8th, 2007, 10:05 AM

>Only doing the one train trip for 2 days- is it beter to buy tickets at Centraal Station or ahead of time..

www.thalys.com
The earlier you book, the more chances you have to get cheaper tickets (like with airlines).

>or a pass?

Of course not, not just for one trip.

Old Feb 8th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Original Poster

Thanks altamiro---
I've tried the thalys website, when it comes time for ordering tickets, the website turns Dutch on me. I'm like Forest Gump, stupid is as stupid does.
Old Feb 8th, 2007, 10:18 AM

>I've tried the thalys website, when it comes time for ordering tickets, the website turns Dutch on me. I'm like Forest Gump, stupid is as stupid does.

Try www.nsinternationaal.nl - it is already in dutch but should have an english option
Old Feb 8th, 2007, 11:24 AM

Dear altamiro,

If you give up on ordering through the website, be assured that it is very easy to get tickets at Centraal in person. But don't cut it close - obtain your tickets at least the day before. Unless things have been reconfigured at Centraal, the international ticket office is on the second level. I've bought tickets here three times and was assisted very capably by staff speaking excellent English.
Old Feb 8th, 2007, 12:00 PM

A Smilys (discount) fare, when available, is 69 EUR. It must be booked online at thalys.com or sncf.com between 14 and 90 days in advance. Seats are limited and sell out quickly so book as soon as the 90-day window opens. Note: You'll be shown a fare of 34.50 EUR each way, but Smilys tickets are only sold as return (roundtrip).